Redeeming Points For Cruise

Tookie

Hi,

I hope someone can help me because I am very confused. I have a regular Visa world points card as well as a Blue Sky American Express card. Can I and how do I redeem them for money off and on board credit for an upcoming cruise that has been booked with a cruise planners agency? In the past I was able to use my world points even though it wasn't a Celebrity Rewards Visa. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I hope someone can help me because I am very confused. I have a regular Visa world points card as well as a Blue Sky American Express card. Can I and how do I redeem them for money off and on board credit for an upcoming cruise that has been booked with a cruise planners agency? In the past I was able to use my world points even though it wasn't a Celebrity Rewards Visa. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Call the World Points rewards number on your card or statement. Tell them that you would like to trade points for on board credit on a Celebrity ship. They will process it, and send you a coupon for the on board credit. Once you have the coupon in your hand, either call celebrity directly or call your travel agent and they will have you mail it to Celebrity for redemption.

• 3 weeks later...

I did this last week and was told by both WP and Celebrity that the new system is a pain all around. However, with numerous phone calls and about a week's time, it was doable. I had to call world points with my request to buy Celebrity credits, listed as products, and they sent me an email. I then called Celebrity and they took all the info from that email and call WP to confirm and then sent me an updated invoice which showed the OBC.

Hope this helps.

I may have to resort to calling, but really do prefer doing the redemption on-line, as I have done many times.

This is sure frustrating!:mad:

I know the site is somewhere there, just have to find the right "catagory" to begin the search. Once it was in Merchandise, another time it was in Gifts, and another time in the Mall. I had these sites bookmarked, but with the new web system in place things are changing.

At one time, on this board, someone gave a "walk through" to find the lists.

i have a celebirity am ex card. i called the captains club to make sure about redeeming points. the captains club person was great to deal with and she said she will take care and to check back in a couple of weeks 1-800-760-0654 is the toll free # for the captains club. If you want to make you have your stock holder credit call Carlos @ 1-305-539-6216 he is terrific to deal with and will confirm and e-mail that you have received your stockholder credi. Hope this is helpful. Larry

We have a Bank of America Celebrity Rewards card also and I did transfer our credits for our March trip on Mercury. Had no problem on web site. After receiving comfirmation by e-mail I called the Captain's Club and they took all the information, confirmation #, etc. and credited it to our invoice. I received a new copy of our invoice from out TA with all credits applied, Bank of America, Stockholder, and from our TA. Everything is listed correctly.

Deal with the Captain's Club, or as stated above, call these individuals directly and tell them you heard great things about how they've helped someone on the Cruise Critic Board. They will help you.

Our cruise directors on all of our Celebrity cruises have told us they DO read these boards and take note of everything frequent cruises say here. A little praise seems to go a long way. Some things have definitely been brought back, others went away. Can't say it's because of what is said here but when you read here often enough you notice.

That's how we found out about Mercury not being moved for a while. Last March on Constellation we were told not to worry for a while about Mercury. Powers that be had received so many complaints about the smaller ships being moved they were "rethinking" things. Now she's here until at least 201 and looks like a possible refurb. I hope so. We're on her in March so we'll try to find out more but in the meantime, good luck with your credits.

since they made changes to the World Points system. I get a "sorry, page not available" screen.

Can someone please walk me through the process?

I know how to get through the "backdoor" but you must have a BOA Celebrity VISA card. Basically go in under your VISA card, the VISA will get you in to the Celebrity portal, then log off the Celebrity screen. Then click on and log back in. Then enter your AMEX info. A BOA employee told me how to do it, but they actually redeemed the AMEX points for me because our cruise is a short time away.

If that doesn't work try emailing Dorothy.e.walker@bankofamerica.com. I have gone 'round and 'round with BOA. The debacle began on 9/15 and I honestly can not tell you the number of hours spent on the phone and emailing BOA.

I just went to the B of A Amex site and ordered a $50 OBC with 5000 worldpoints. Here is what I did:

Open your credit card account like you are going to pay your monthly bill.

Click on the "rewards" tab.

In the middle of the page, you will see a "Worldpoints Mall" ad listed as "offer 1 of 3" with the word "next" after the 3.

Click "next" and the Celebrity offer will appear.

Click on the Celebrity offer and you'll see all the options.

When you get to the one you want, simply click "add to cart", then check out. I admit it took me a while to figure out that I had to click the word "next" to get to Celebrity.

Good luck.

This is driving me crazy! I did exactly as you did. I never saw any World Point Mall offer with three items and the word next after the three.

But, I did see a picture with a Celebrity Ship. Clicked on that and I got a "page not available" screen.

I will try later....really frustrating. I will try the backdoor method, as I also have the X Visa card. I know it can be done. I have time.

Archived