What would a great day in Acapulco consist of?

Cool Breeze Cruiser

my wife and i had the same stopover in acapulco a couple of years back when we were on the norwegian star. Prior to going on the cruise we booked an excursion for acupulco. The name of the tour operator was rosie. I'm sure if you put rosie's tours for acapulco into a search engine you will come up with her.

in relation to the tour it was absolutely fantastic. You get picked up at the exit where you leave the ship and transported in air conditioned van and you see all the sights of acapulco. It was a very comprehensive tour and the guide was exceptional. It was truly a very wonderful day and well worth the dollars. I really can't recall what the price was however it was very reasonable.

regards bob....:)

Thanks for the advice. I have heard the Rosie tour is very good but I am not sure we want to do a tour. We want to see some of Alcapulco though & we are there for thirteen hours. We know we want to see the cliff divers. If we end up going on the tour, what would you do with the rest of the time?

my wife and i had the same stopover in acapulco a couple of years back when we were on the norwegian star. Prior to going on the cruise we booked an excursion for acupulco. The name of the tour operator was rosie. I'm sure if you put rosie's tours for acapulco into a search engine you will come up with her.

in relation to the tour it was absolutely fantastic. You get picked up at the exit where you leave the ship and transported in air conditioned van and you see all the sights of acapulco. It was a very comprehensive tour and the guide was exceptional. It was truly a very wonderful day and well worth the dollars. I really can't recall what the price was however it was very reasonable.

regards bob....:)

Thank you Bob...I am touring with Rosie in a couple of weeks and it is good to hear that you had a wonderful day..I am really looking forward to it!

Sorry...don't mean to hijack your thread Cool Breeze!

• 1 month later...
Thank you Bob...I am touring with Rosie in a couple of weeks and it is good to hear that you had a wonderful day..I am really looking forward to it!

Sorry...don't mean to hijack your thread Cool Breeze!

Hey, how did you like Rosie? We have her in a couple of weeks.

Rosie has come highly recommended and we will be using her when we arrive on the Spirit sailing March 27, 2010. She is asking only $35pp for an all day tour 6 to 7 hours ending at the cliff divers at night. The price includes the price of admission at the cliff divers. If anyone wants to join us see our Roll-call. She is easy to contact and has responded to my e-mails very quickly. Below will be our agenda

• Chapel of Peace - Las Brisas
  • Hotel Flamingo, one of the first hotels in Acapulco.
  • House of Diego Rivera , Home of Dolores Olmedo
  • Mirador of Puerto Marques
  • Cathedral of El Zocalo
  • Lunch at Sr. Frogs
  • Shopping in old Acapulco
  • Casablanca Hotel
  • EL Zocalo (main square) the Cathedral
  • Cliff divers at night

People who are most familiar with Acapulco aren't permitted by CC to offer their opinions on specific topics such as the tours - so I'll refrain except to say you have many options and you should feel you are limited to one or two drivers.

The itinerary listed above is not a good one, IMO - but each of us has different likes/dislikes.

Ft. San Diego and an interest mask museum are located across the street from the cruise ship termial and the malecon waterfront is a short stroll from there, and 5-10 minutes away is Plaza Alvarez and the historic center of Acapulco with sidewalk cafe's, small shops, etc. The archaeological zone of Plama Sola, situated mountainside above Acapulco adjacent to the national park can be interesting for the physicially fit. And a long walk down the Costera Miguel Aleman is good for people-watching.

Have a great visit.

We took a private tour in January 2009 with Acapulco Tours by Rosie(Diaz). Before the tour we told Rosie there were some specific things we wished to see - The Cross;The Cathedral;The Princess Hotel; The Cliff Divers. We also wanted to eat at a local Mexican restaurant for lunch.

Thanks for your report. It hopefully sounds like you and Rosie had a bad day.:eek: Everyone else please give your reports, good or bad on Rosie’s Tours. This may save others some grief and/or enlighten us all to a good tour option since time is limited and there is a lot to see.

• 1 month later...

I’d like to put in a word of praise and appreciation for Rosie Diaz of Rosie’s Acapulco Tours. We had the good fortune to be included as last-minute additions to a tour some other folks arranged with Rosie and we were very impressed by both her wonderful personality and her professional, informative organization of the tour. Rosie has the perfect balance of sensitivity to the comfort of her guests and the knowledge of her city to make the tour relaxing, enjoyable, and informative. On top of that, her attractive charm seems to win her, and her group, special welcome and privileges wherever she goes. The guards and officials eyes light up when they see her pretty face approach, and she always has a cold drink or snack for the people who direct the tour cars to the best places and least difficult access. You can’t go wrong with Rosie as your guide. She’s very popular, so contact her early. Strongly recommended. Web page: http://www.acapulcorosiestours.com Email address: dew_days@hotmail.com

The itinerary we are planning to do in Acapulco:

1-walk outside the port and get taxi to cliff divers

2-taxi to Diego River Mural and then Flamingo Hotel

3 taxi back to main square/zocalo

4-walk back towards port to Fort and nearby mask museum.

Each taxi ride should cost less than 30pesos(less than $3)

I know the cliff divers at night are supposed to be special and that the sunset at the Flamingo is also supposed to be special BUT we'd like to be on board to see the local folklorico show after dinner sooo not staying in port at night.

• 3 weeks later...

We just used Rosie Diaz for our tour.

She had a Van that was stocked with soft drinks and cervezas. Spent 5+ hours showing us the city and historic sites. It also included the Cliff Divers.

She Charged $35 a person and it was well worth it.

Archived