how did you pack your infant water & formula?

sweet_addiction

ok so im trying to figure out how to pack my 10 month olds nursery water...i just dont really trust using the water off the boat...call me paranoid lol...and im not really trying to spend as much buying water bottles all the time so i figure id take like 2 gallons on our 7 day cruise just to be safe...does anyone have any recommendations as to how to pack it? should i carry it on? ive heard of some people packing it in a box and placing a luggage tag on it..will carnival actually deliver this to our cabin? any positive feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

You really do not need to bring water. The water on the ship is sea water desalinated by reverse osmosis and purer than most bottled water you can buy. If that doesn't satisfy you, you can bring a container that will tolerate very hot water, and fill it at the 'hot water for tea' dispenser in the buffet area, put it in the fridge/minibar to cool. At 10 months, I would think your child would be drinking tap water, anyway. EM

Yes, they will deliver almost anything to your cabin, as long as it's not alcohol....

The ship's water is fine....all of your food, drink, ice, etc....is made with the ship's water.

For "iffy" ports, we do bring water off the ship (ship's tap water that we filled before we leave!!!)..there's just no need to bring or buy water!

I brought nursery water -- so add me to the paranoid mom list. ;) If I can remember that far back -- I think I threw it into my luggage. Which makes me laugh now because I can't believe it didn't bust open. Probably if I had to do it over again, I would try to have it delivered to the cabin using a box and a luggage tag.

I brought nursery water -- so add me to the paranoid mom list. ;) If I can remember that far back -- I think I threw it into my luggage. Which makes me laugh now because I can't believe it didn't bust open. Probably if I had to do it over again, I would try to have it delivered to the cabin using a box and a luggage tag.

paranoid mommy power!! woohoo lol..i mean yeah its more convenient to just use whats on the ship. but you just never know...i just dont really want to change it up during our trip and itll be just my luck that i happen to be one of the rare people whose kid gets sick cus of the ships water lol... and im just more comfortable mixing her formula with nursery water since we dont have a filter for our tap water at home. so yes, i guess im overly cautious lol. shes my first ..what can i say? lol...i guess were all entitled to be a little bit crazy with the first lol...i dont at all mind taking it im just trying to figure out the best way lol.

shes my first ..what can i say? lol...

I KNEW that! :D When I carried nursery water, it was for my first child. For the second, I don't remember taking it. I think I may have purchased bottled water (the big ones) on the ship.

The 2nd kids always get the bum deal. ;) Maybe if I had a third, the poor kid would just get the pool water scooped up from the H20 zone...LOL.

I KNEW that! :D When I carried nursery water, it was for my first child. For the second, I don't remember taking it. I think I may have purchased bottled water (the big ones) on the ship.

The 2nd kids always get the bum deal. ;) Maybe if I had a third, the poor kid would just get the pool water scooped up from the H20 zone...LOL.

LOL! yeah they always say the 2nd ones dont luck out as much ...but hey i figure you just never know. i mean yeah the ship is big but what about those horror stories of like half the people getting sick on a ship lol. yeah i know the odds are very slim but why risk it when all i have to do is lug a gallon or 2 of water onto the boat...and just leave it in our cabin? lol. better safe than sorry i guess. lol.

Bottled water is readily available for purchase. That is what we used. The main difference between that and Nursery Water is the lack of fluoride. It made packing simple. We also were using Enfamil, which makes these great "single serving" tubes. They were more expensive, but were so easy. Unfortunately, she wasn't on a sippy yet, so had to take bottles and nipples, but got the kind of bottles with the disposable inserts, which meant we only had to wash nipples at night. When we went with D1 when she was 10 months, she was on a sippy, so bought the disposable ones that we used once or twice, then pitched. I know, we're personally responsible for ruining the environment with our disposable habits, but, it was easy! Hope that helps!

I breastfed my children (boobs travel with me so pretty easy!) so I have never heard of nursery water? What is it? Sounds like a marketing ploy to me.

To those of you who use powdered formula, do you know that it is not sterile? It seems kind of pointless to be so worried about the water you are mixing it in when the powder itself is not sterile. A small percentage of all powdered formula contains Enterobacter Sakazakii. The way that powdered formula is made makes it impossible to make it sterile because they can not use high enough temperatures to kill all bacteria. I know that the powdered stuff is easier to carry around but if you are going to bring water, you could just bring the ready to use stuff and then you would know it is safe/sterile.

Just thought I would mention this since most people are not aware of it.

Archived