Water Program

k2

I was on RCCL's web site the other day and saw something about a bottled water program. It was on thepage that gave the pop-card program info, but it said to inquire on board. I was wondering what that was? Thanks!

You can purchase a package of bottled water. Know that bottled water is really expensive on the ship, so it's not going to be a bargain.

The smallest package is 8 bottles of Evian at $28.95 (plus 15% gratuity). All of the details are available through your Royal Caribbean reservation on their website.

But really, the water on the ship is very good, highly filtered and as good as (or almost as good as) bottled water. I usually just bring a refillable bottle and save myself some money. If I need a bottle for a shore excursion then I'll purchase on before leaving the ship (still pricey) or from a shop on shore.

There's truly no need to "buy" water...the ship's water is fine...after all, the ice, the tea, coffee, food, etc....is all made with ship's water!

Where do you find the ship's water onboard? Do you mean from your cabin sink?

Apparently, RCL has been reading the threads here, and see that instead of bringing a lightweight, inexpensive water filter, many passengers are paying big bucks to lug heavy cases of bottled water aboard the ship.

Dollar signs light up in their eyes when they see this. P.T. Barnum was right. They are just taking advantage of the fact that people are willing to pay more, for the same water they can get with an inexpensive, lightweight filter.

Liberty was offering a steal of a deal on bottled water:

24 bottles for $70+ :eek:

I wish I had the job delivering the bottled water (likely ship's tap water poured into an Evian bottle). Their is an automatic 15% gratuity, so about $11 for dropping off a case of water. :cool:

• 2 months later...
Apparently, RCL has been reading the threads here, and see that instead of bringing a lightweight, inexpensive water filter, many passengers are paying big bucks to lug heavy cases of bottled water aboard the ship.

Dollar signs light up in their eyes when they see this. P.T. Barnum was right. They are just taking advantage of the fact that people are willing to pay more, for the same water they can get with an inexpensive, lightweight filter.

I guess that depends on where you shop for your water!

Agree that it's a great idea for extra revenue.

I gotta hand to em (all cruise lines, not just RCL). They know that a lot of folks, including me, could easily be influenced by spooky stories of Montazuma's Revenge when traveling abroad. They could easily just dispel the rumor, but when when a rumor can be worth millions why bother?

This has been an enlightening and much appreciated thread that never even occurred to me to ask about. I just presumed that the water was only potable for washing.

You know what they say about "presuming'. It just makes a Pres out of You and Me.

Archived