Table Magicians

c&d

We had one on our last sailing on the Miracle and did not enjoy it at all... He was really creepy! We had a late reservation at the steakhouse (there was only us and one other table) and at first thought he was security because he just stood off to the side for a long time with his arms crossed before he came up to our table. He deadpanned asked "Would you like to see my balls?", I said excuse me and he said "well would you like to touch my balls?" We still didnt know he was a magician at this point so we were about to flag down our servers when he finally got to his trick with his magic "balls". Maybe it would have been funnier if the restaurant was busier and it wasn't just ladies at the table, but even our server was a bit embarassed and told us the guy was new.

Have not seen a thread about this. I think table magic is something new Carnival is testing.

We were recently on the Elation. A young man name Ryan stopped by our table and did a few majic tricks for all of us. This was the first time I had seen someone stop at a table and talk to people, and do a few majic tricks. Everyone at the table enjoyed it. We had all ages at the table and we all enjoyed it.

I hope that Carnival continues this perk. It gave everyone at the table something to talk about. This would be a good ice breaker if you are at a table with total strangers,or you have table mates you wish you didn't have.

Also helps pass the time away while you wait for your food to arrive or other table mates to finish the course they are eatting.

We had this on the Pride this past September, and we loved it! The guy asked us if he could do a few tricks for us, it wasn't like we were just ambushed. I'm sure if anyone had said they'd rather not be disturbed he would have gone on to another table.

We found it very entertaining and we were totally baffled at how he did what he did. We thought it was fun and it enhanced our cruising experience. My family wouldn't mind this on every cruise!

We were on the Pride Oct 31-Nov 6, 2010. A magician performed for my daughters camp group ( 6-8 year olds), and then again for chef's table. I never saw him in the dining room. There were several neat tricks.

Ugh for me I think this would be better in the more casual buffet. I think the Main dining room is meant to be a more upscale experience. What next balloon animals? I find it strange that the same people who would flame someone for wearing jeans in the didning room would actually enjoy this. Magicians mimes and clowns...creepy

LOL - I was just thinking as I started reading this thread, "Gawd, I hope they don't do balloon animals." and you posted it.

I agree - this would be better in the buffet, if at all. I don't want my evening entertainment in the dining room - Why do they need to distract me from my dining experience?

Never saw them in the dining room, but one came up to us at night on the Splendor while we were hanging out outside the disco - it was about 11:30. He did some amazing things, and we were impressed, until he hung around after he was done like he was expecting a tip. I tip well and where expected, but it's all starting to get exhausting to the point where I'm scared to ask for directions because I'll have to tip them for it.

We had one on our last sailing on the Miracle and did not enjoy it at all... He was really creepy! We had a late reservation at the steakhouse (there was only us and one other table) and at first thought he was security because he just stood off to the side for a long time with his arms crossed before he came up to our table. He deadpanned asked "Would you like to see my balls?", I said excuse me and he said "well would you like to touch my balls?" We still didnt know he was a magician at this point so we were about to flag down our servers when he finally got to his trick with his magic "balls". Maybe it would have been funnier if the restaurant was busier and it wasn't just ladies at the table, but even our server was a bit embarassed and told us the guy was new.

wow, where they BIG balls?.....hehe :eek:

Archived