day hotel before flight departure

baby

I know the question has been asked

but I just called Intercontinental and asked about a day pass and they said $175.00 - that is crazy that is more than I m paying to stay there for 2 nights precruise

also wanted to give my priority number like other have suggested and the girl said I could not do this and would have to wait until I arrived

did I just get the wrong person to speak with?????????????

any other suggestions where to "hang" for the day before the flight - we will be tired from an very port intensive cruise

Carol

• 2 weeks later...

Carol,

Did you ever get any info on this question?

I also have a late flight after our cruise. Friends of ours are staying at the Intercontinental post cruise and they think we should just go with them and not say anything. I didn't want to go this route, so I emailed and got the same reply as you. However I think the rate they gave me was over $200.

Anyone know of any other hotels for a day pass? I don't even care if we have a room. Would just like to sit by the pool and relax, and maybe use the locker rooms to change before heading to the airport.

We cruise in four weeks. I am not sure what I will do. did you ask for a day room or a day pass?? I wonder if there is a difference. I asked for a day room when I emailed, but I may try to call and see about a pass.

Or we may just show up with friends and see if they charge them extra, if they do, we will pay it.

I have the same question - we have a cruise around 5PM or so after our cruise ends. DEFINITELY don't want to hang out at the airport that time, and even the post-cruise excursions will get us to the airport much earlier than we would need to be there.

Depending on your cruise lines, you can do luggage valet. We did this last year, you check all your luggage from the ship and it goes straight to the airport. That way you can tour San Juan with just your carry on. We did a segway tour and they kept our carry on in their office while we did the tour. We then went for lunch and a little bit of shopping and then to the airport by taxi. this all worked great. However, this year we don't want to spend the day touring, we would rather just go somewhere and relax. I can't believe no hotels will do this. YOu can do day passes on most island. Is it just that there are so few nice hotels in San Juan???

Carol,

FYI, I called back and talked to the hotel. We actually have friends that will be staying post cruise and I ask the desk if we could just come visit. She then told me since they just have two people, they could add us as a third and fourth person in the room, for $40 pp. We would than have full rights to the hotel and all areas. We would probably not invade their room, but just use it to store our carry on and then use the pool restrooms to change clothes before going to the airport.

• 3 weeks later...

we just got back yesterday, stayed at Intercontinental 4 days pre cruise. We were told we could leave out luggage and use facilities post cruise no problem..we were also told we could use our Ambassador Priority club. also bogus. I called yesterday to confirm with Interntinental and they said they would charge me $150 for Hospitality room.

There is a restuarant downtown, Barrachina Restaurant, but they will expect you to buy something, the do have decent food.

wow!! for that price i believe you were quoted a day room, which is just that...a room that is yours for the day. a day pass allows you the use of the facilities, but no room. however, they will store your luggage for you. a day pass at the marriott 2 years ago was $30 pp and gave you use of the pool area and towels, the beach and chairs, and the use of the gyms including the showers to freshen up after the beach before your flight.

steve

my husband and I just did the Princess cruise in April and due to using Amex rewards points for our Jet Blue flight we had funky flight times. we left at 2:45AM the next day!! So we had to be off the ship Sunday at around 10am (we hung out to the bitter end!).

I decided since that was a loooong stretch of time and we only had paid $20 for our airline tickets, we could "splurge" and get a regular hotel room. So I bid on priceline for a room and got Sheraton Old San Juan for around $85..plus a 9.99 resort fee..so we were able to check in around 3pm..we walked around town and went to the Bacardi factory before we checked in. We then had the room until we left fro the airport around midnight. we could have left an hour later and been fine..the airport was empty that late. We had a nice dinner at barrachina's..walked around a little, then both took a nice long nap and then showered and took off. It was worth the peace of mind that we had a place to crash and not try and hunt down a "day room" somewhere.

For us, it was well worth the money for 9 hours worth of time. we would have hated having to find a place to store our luggage and just hang out somewhere without a nap and shower.

if you are leaving at 5pm..doesn't give you much time for anything..in that case you could drop off the luggage at barrachina's..eat lunch there and pick it back up...no place to shower or anything but it is cheap and easy!

Archived