Celebration - Deluxe Deck 7

OK all you experienced Celebration cruisers - we are pre-booked in 113 on deck 7 for Aug 2010 Med. Only cruised once before and that was on the considerably larger Celebrity Solstice - I am fully aware that Celebration will not be in the same league - but the cost and itinerary attracted us. Having read numerous threads about the cabins / vibration etc I am left a little confused. Some say higher up and felt no vibration, others say higher up was worse. Anybody with any further help ? Also wondering about the obstructed views. I'm lead to believe 113 has a clear view free from the life boats. Can anyone confirm... and what about the movement ? Im hoping that the Med in August will be pretty smooth sailing... (ever hopefull :) )

Of course if anyone out there has stayed in 113 and has 'inside' information I would be really greatfull.

Thanks

OK all you experienced Celebration cruisers - we are pre-booked in 113 on deck 7 for Aug 2010 Med. Only cruised once before and that was on the considerably larger Celebrity Solstice - I am fully aware that Celebration will not be in the same league - but the cost and itinerary attracted us. Having read numerous threads about the cabins / vibration etc I am left a little confused. Some say higher up and felt no vibration, others say higher up was worse. Anybody with any further help ? Also wondering about the obstructed views. I'm lead to believe 113 has a clear view free from the life boats. Can anyone confirm... and what about the movement ? Im hoping that the Med in August will be pretty smooth sailing... (ever hopefull :) )

Of course if anyone out there has stayed in 113 and has 'inside' information I would be really greatfull.

Thanks

Last time we were on Celebration the vibration didn't seem very obvious at all. It seems to be most noticeable in the centre in the show-lounge although I can't comment on cabin 113 as we've never stayed up there. This would seem to be a fairly quiet area though as it's not a thoroughfare with only a few cabins beyond you in the bow so you shouldn't be troubled by many people passing by.

As for obstructed view or not, on the deck plan it does look as though 113 is towards the rear of one lifeboat - but it does say in the brochure 'book your cabin for unobstructed view' which I guess is what you've done.

But have a look at this photo of Celebration;

http://marinetraffic.com/ais/showallphotos.aspx?mmsi=249544000

Deck 6 is the Promenade Deck, Deck 8 is where the lifeboats are attached - I think you can see the row of windows which would be Deck 7 running just below the level of the bottom of the lifeboats. Do you think that's the case? Perhaps there is a little overhang at the top of the windows - not sure.

I'm going on Celebration soon so will see if I can find out - no promises though but will post back if I find out anything of value.

But I'm sure you'll enjoy the Celebration - it's a great ship with a superb crew.

But have a look at this photo of Celebration;

http://marinetraffic.com/ais/showallphotos.aspx?mmsi=249544000

Deck 6 is the Promenade Deck, Deck 8 is where the lifeboats are attached - I think you can see the row of windows which would be Deck 7 running just below the level of the bottom of the lifeboats. Do you think that's the case? Perhaps there is a little overhang at the top of the windows - not sure.

I'm going on Celebration soon so will see if I can find out - no promises though but will post back if I find out anything of value.

But I'm sure you'll enjoy the Celebration - it's a great ship with a superb crew.

Hi Kruzseeka - thanks so much for this link - I've used the website before to locate where Solstice was before my first cruise, but didnt think to look at it again to find photos of Celebration. I've given the photos a good study and think I can see a gap between the 1st and the 2nd life boat where a couple of windows can quite clearly be seen - If I've got the deck plan correct I think this is about where 113 is located (ever hopeful). When do you next go on Celebration ? I would welcome any comments :) or :(.

We were on the celabration in july on deck 7 and in cabin 132 we were at the front end of a life boat but we didnt have a unobstructed view unless i wanted to look up at the sky and all i could see was a boat bottom but straight on it was fine. I didnt notice the vibration in the cabin apart from 1 day maybe it is because i drank to much.

Hi Kruzseeka - thanks so much for this link - I've used the website before to locate where Solstice was before my first cruise, but didnt think to look at it again to find photos of Celebration. I've given the photos a good study and think I can see a gap between the 1st and the 2nd life boat where a couple of windows can quite clearly be seen - If I've got the deck plan correct I think this is about where 113 is located (ever hopeful). When do you next go on Celebration ? I would welcome any comments :) or :(.

Got a peek on change-over day - there is a lifeboat above the window which can be seen but there is an unobstructed view ahead. It seemed quiet up there.

Archived