MDR Breakfast & Lunch

F22Smitty

I can't believe you haven't tried the MDR for breakfast or lunch! Breakfast is pretty much the same menu every morning. (My only gripe is you will never get toast that is warm enough to melt butter!;)) As far as lunch, you can check the menu outside the door each day to see what the "special" will be.

As long as you don't show up dripping wet, and covered up, wear what you want!

we went on our first cruise and our dining room waiters made sure to twll us to ask for them in the dining room for breakfast and lunch- and we did at least 3 of the days. Many people are all dressed for their excursions so expect bathing suits and cover ups for breakfast on shore days in the dining room.

I can't believe you haven't tried the MDR for breakfast or lunch!

Tell me about it. We love just going to the Lido deck and grab a breakfast, but after reading the threads about MDR breakfast, I think we are going to try it next week.

We cruise Sat the 10th on the Freedom. :D:cool::p

DH and i always went to the Lido Deck for breakfast thinking it was 'faster and easier' than the MDR.

well, on our past cruise (Pride) we tried the MDR for breakfast and found it to be great! (we always had on our swimwear with cover-ups ... didn't have to get 'dressed'.)

not only do you not have to stand in line at the buffet, hunt for a table, hunt for each other (he goes one way while i went the other) and just the crowded overall feeling, the food always arrived hot and fresh in the MDR.

we'll most likely always go to the MDR for breakfast from now on .... it makes the start of the day much more relaxing.

tip: if you don't want to sit with other guests, just ask for a table for two. they always accommodate.

enjoy!

We usually have breakfast in the MDR.....we usually get a table for 2, or 5 if the kiddos get up. Lunch is usually in the MDR but we do eat on the Lido deck a couple of times. I figure we are on vacation. I would rather be served while I can.

when we ve had family cruises..we ve alway s eaten breakfast and most lunch s in the MDR..*usually minus all the kids*...

it offers a good time for the siblings to shoot the bull about what we ve been up to..usually its too noisy up in the buffet..

then when its just the wife and myself..we ll tend to be more open to eat at the alternative restaurants..

Can someone explain exactly what the LIDO BUFFET looks like? I sort of have a vision that it looks like any buffet in Vegas.

Two places where they made 3 egg omelets, grits and oatmeal, scrambled eggs, ham, sausage, bacon, pancakes usually, with or without raisens, a couple of days they had french toast. we had fruit, cantelope and the green melon with the rind by the regular line and then by the pastries they had the cut up fruit.

To be honest, until finding this board, I had no idea you could eat anything in the dining room other than dinner!

What are the hours for breakfast and lunch? I live with 3 females and it can be a challenge to get the train rolling in a "reasonable" amount of time in the morning...Im not sure who is worse, the wife or kids!:p

To be honest, until finding this board, I had no idea you could eat anything in the dining room other than dinner!

What are the hours for breakfast and lunch? I live with 3 females and it can be a challenge to get the train rolling in a "reasonable" amount of time in the morning...Im not sure who is worse, the wife or kids!:p

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dining_Information.aspx

The MDR hours vary depending on if it's a port day or a sea day. It's open earlier for breakfast on port days, something like 7-9 or so, so you can eat and still get to your excursion, and not open for lunch on port days, so you can eat in port (or the buffet). On sea days it's open a little later for breakfast, something like 8-10 or so, and then 12-2 or so for lunch. We personally don't do breakfast or lunch in the MDR because we like to grab something light and then sit outside in the nice sea air. We always eat dinner in the MDR however.

It depends on if it's a port day or not. Check your daily newsletter and the hours will be posted in it. Have fun.

Archived