Early Saver rates?

2preschoolers

We booked with an ES rate in August for our cruise on the Liberty - end of January. I keep checking and the rates seem to have gone up about $40 p/p and staying there. IF there is going to be a rate drop - how close to the cruise date does this normally happen? Am I wasting my time checking this early. (About 4mos out still....) And what determines if they offer a lower rate - I guess how quickly the cruise is selling out?

We have 2 OV cabins - not sure if that matters or not.

THANKS!

I don't think you're wasting your time checking rates. I check at least two or three times a day. Rates went up $150 per person right after early saver rate was no longer available. Now it's gone down some, but still $40 more than we paid. Keep checking. You just never know when there's going to be that day when they drop the rates unannounced.

I have 4 ES rates, and have yet to get a price drop on any of the 4. Hope springs eternal and all that, I keep checking. I had one kinda, but wasnt quick enough. My next one in Dec, my category is sold out, but 2 categories up was lower one night, and I waited until the next morning to call my PVP to change cabins..and poof, the rates had dissapeared, so I couldnt get them. So far thats been my only chance for a price drop.

We are also on the Liberty, our cruise is on the 30th. We have had one price adjustment so far!! We have 2 interior and 1 OV room booked. I just sent in a request for a price drop on the OV, BUT is was senior rate, not quit $90, pp cheaper. I'm not sure if ES is compariable to Senior or not but hey I'm trying!! And yes the OV will have a senior in it.

We are also on the Liberty, our cruise is on the 30th. We have had one price adjustment so far!! We have 2 interior and 1 OV room booked. I just sent in a request for a price drop on the OV, BUT is was senior rate, not quit $90, pp cheaper. I'm not sure if ES is compariable to Senior or not but hey I'm trying!! And yes the OV will have a senior in it.

If someone is over age 55, then it should count, as long as its not a guarantee, but a category. Some of the senior rates Im seeing are for guarantees only, so you cant match them.

I am not sure you have to catch the rate drop to get it. I have read other posters who did screen shots of the lower rate and contacted their TA a few days later. Carnival knows what the rates were on a certain date and time and can check on it for you.

But not until about 7 days before sailing ... but it was a good one that netted me about $150 in OBC ... keep checking. I was starting to think we'd never see one and had given up checking, but thankfully had called my pvp (at Carnival) to tell her that if an upgrade became available that we could do using price drops instead of paying for it, we'd love to have it ... she called on Wednesday (9/30) for our cruise that leaves Monday (10/5). We looked at the options, didn't like the available cabins, so submitted the forms for the price drop instead. Worked out great! :D

I am not sure you have to catch the rate drop to get it. I have read other posters who did screen shots of the lower rate and contacted their TA a few days later. Carnival knows what the rates were on a certain date and time and can check on it for you.

Thats true, but in my case my category was sold out, but higher categories were lower in price... and my PVP said the next day was too late to change categories and then put in for the rate drop... believe me I asked.

If you are not in a sold out category, and the rate drops, yep, just make a note of the date and time.

Hmmm, interesting! We're on the same sailing as you. I checked senior rates (for a triple cabin) and the rate was the same as what we got on ES. We do have seniors in the triple cabin. But when I checked the quad cabin (us) for senior rates...it was $40 less p/p BUT we have no seniors in our cabin. DARN. Wonder why the triple rate isn't as low as the quad rate.

Does this mean I can just call Carnival to find out of there are/were any lower rates?? Or I have to actually SEE it happen and they can just verify that it was there?

I don't know if this is always the case, but make sure you're not logged on to the Carnival site when checking prices and make sure if you're a past quest to check the special offers box. By default I have it automatically log me on when I go onto their site. And I had been checking the rates for a while and it wasn't until I logged off and checked the prices that I saw cheaper rate. In this case the non-past quest was still higher, but the past guest was lower. Pretty sneaky.

Hmmm, interesting! We're on the same sailing as you. I checked senior rates (for a triple cabin) and the rate was the same as what we got on ES. We do have seniors in the triple cabin. But when I checked the quad cabin (us) for senior rates...it was $40 less p/p BUT we have no seniors in our cabin. DARN. Wonder why the triple rate isn't as low as the quad rate.

Does this mean I can just call Carnival to find out of there are/were any lower rates?? Or I have to actually SEE it happen and they can just verify that it was there?

Hello 2preschoolers I think I've seen your name on the roll call board. Yea!! Anyway the senior rate that I found yesterday was on cheap tickets dot com When we originally booked the OV 6b it was $539 then we had a reduction to $479 Yesterday on cheap ticket it was $392 so I'm hoping to get the savings, and it's not even for me but for one of the 3 cabins that I booked for friends :eek:

Hello 2preschoolers I think I've seen your name on the roll call board. Yea!! Anyway the senior rate that I found yesterday was on cheap tickets dot com When we originally booked the OV 6b it was $539 then we had a reduction to $479 Yesterday on cheap ticket it was $392 so I'm hoping to get the savings, and it's not even for me but for one of the 3 cabins that I booked for friends :eek:

Hi again! Sorry to ask so many questions but now you have me wondering - is it if we find a lower fare ANYWHERE or does it have to be directlyon Carnival's website? (We booked direct with Carnival, originally, if that matters...) Should I be looking at other websites or only at Carnival? I'm so confused! :confused:

Hi again! Sorry to ask so many questions but now you have me wondering - is it if we find a lower fare ANYWHERE or does it have to be directlyon Carnival's website? (We booked direct with Carnival, originally, if that matters...) Should I be looking at other websites or only at Carnival? I'm so confused! :confused:

My 1st price drop I did find on another site and then when I checked with carnival there price also reflected the price drop.

Sorry about TA name, my bad!!!:eek:

Yeah, the lower fare needs to be on Carnival's website.

Archived