How soon did you all book private shore ex's?

maygoddess

Hey all! I am so excited to now be officially booked for the Sept 1 TP cruise to Tahiti and Cooks. Woohoo!

Now my question is..how soon did you book your private shore ex? I have been scouring through here to learn about all the best excursions..Marc's, Bruno, Stephan's, SHarks, diving, etc..so many choices.

Anyway..I know some of these smaller groups can fill up quickly..so how soon did you book once you booked the cruise itself?

Also..if anyone has any new information about Bruno's tour(I think in Raitea). I have been reading alot of great things about his tour but I also read he has not shown up for some of his tours? I don't know if that means he just flaked out and they missed doing this excursion or if he had someone substitute in his place?

I am still unsure about all the others..I will do alot more research now that I am booked!

We booked our private tours as soon as we had our cruise booked. So, send out those emails to the tour operators as soon as you have decided. Most don't ask for any money up front so if you change your mind and need to cancel later, all it will take is an email, there are normally waiting lists as others find out about them.

As for Bruno, I have read only one report that he didn't show up at the scheduled time. He was right on the minute for us, and it was a wonderful tour.

It is such a shame that Bruno missing a tour or two he has gotten all of this bad press.............................he has a wonderful tour!

Thanks for the update on Bruno..it does sound like a great tour..I will probably go ahead and book him straight away now that my cruise is booked. I already emailed Marc.

Did you do any diving? My DH dives..not sure where he will dive yet...talking to another CC shipmate who is thinking of night diving so my DH may join him for that.

Any other excursions you can recommend as a not to miss??

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that Bruno does a great tour although he is changing it a bit for 2005. The snorkeling he does with you is awesome and the best we did while in Tahiti. Unfortunately, he did have a problem with not showing up one time but that was due (according to Bruno) to a misunderstanding in e-mails with people changing times they wanted to be picked up.

Remember, you are dealing with people for whom English is their second language and sometimes their grasp of the language is not that good. Keep your communications with him short, to the point and very, very concise and you will be fine. It's a shame he has gotten bad press on this board and there have been some CC cruisers who due to the bad report of one person, booked him but they were the ones who never showed up. If he wasn't there at the exact time, they intended not to wait and to return the dock to see what they could book from there. Make sure you take his cell phone number and give him a call when you get to Tahiti to reconfirm even if you have to leave a detailed voice mail on date, time, where to meet etc. Due to people not showing up he is now asking for a deposit.

Jackie

We booked our TP cruise which we will leave for in less than 2 weeks smile.gif 11 months before sailing date and booked the private excursions 6 months before. I am scheduled for 3 dives right now with one of them being a night dive. We booked all of them through the ship, since the dive shops prices were about the same and on some of the islands, the recommended dive shops were tied to Princess and wouldn't book a dive for a Princess passenger. We will be writing a review with lots of pictures when we get back, so hopefully we can help you with some info on excursions.

Mike..I am definitely interested in hearing about your night dives..or any dives really. My DH and I and my parents are booked fro the TP in September..my father and DH dive. I do have another fellow pax from here doing some dive research as well..I know they are all talking about a night dive..would love to hear a review on it!

Have a great trip!

Archived