Definitely taking a cruise, need HELP making a big DECISION!!!

pseudochicken

Which cruise to I choose? YOU DECIDE!  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise to I choose? YOU DECIDE!

• Carnival Imagination
    • Carnival Triumph
    • Carnival Pride
    • save your fricken money!!!

True are the claims that 4 days will be chilly on the Pride. I am not doubting that. And because of that, I'm starting to lean away. If the destination was a little more tropical (say Grand Turk, HMC and Nassau) i'd consider the Pride the favorite. But as much as I want to do a seven day cruise (and trust me, I REALLY do) it is seeming that the convenience of the Pride cruise is negated by the cost, the potentially chilly weather and the uninteresting ports of call.

Though, it SHOULD be noted that I have never been to Nassau or Freeport and I have been to Key West and Cozumel. I went to Cozumel while on a 7-day cruise on the Grand Princess and I've been to Key West on a day trip from Key Largo.

I must agree that those places were a lot of fun. I am somewhat bummed out that the Imagination will only be in Key West from 7AM to 2PM. 7 hours? In reality that really only gives us 4-5 hours to do what we want. I kind of wish the schedule was reversed (Sea day, Cozumel, Key West). I feel though that'd give more time in Key West.

IMO because of the time of year, I'd opt for a more southern port to depart from. More warm weather to enjoy! If I were driving to Canaveral, (we have), I be going on a 7 day or two 5 day B2B. sometimes two five-day cruises can be cheaper than a 7 day if one finds the "deals"!

I don't know where you're located but why go north, just to go south? I'd go on the Imagination, since you're flying anyways, and save the money. Hope you can figure something out soon!

PS: I did some digging and here is what I found:

Carnival Freedom:

Saturday, Jan 02 Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL 4:00pm

Sunday, Jan 03 Nassau, Bahamas 8:30am 2:00pm

Monday, Jan 04 Fun Day At Sea

Tuesday, Jan 05 St. Thomas, USVI 10:00am 8:00pm

Wednesday, Jan 06 St. Maarten, NA 8:00am 6:00pm

Thursday, Jan 07 Fun Day At Sea

Friday, Jan 08 Fun Day At Sea

Saturday, Jan 09 Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL 8:00am

Price right now is $719/pp. I know it's a stretch but I'd get all I could for my money!

Hope you can decide!

I don't know where you're located but why go north, just to go south? I'd go on the Imagination, since you're flying anyways, and save the money. Hope you can figure something out soon!

PS: I did some digging and here is what I found:

Carnival Freedom:

Saturday, Jan 02 Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL 4:00pm

Sunday, Jan 03 Nassau, Bahamas 8:30am 2:00pm

Monday, Jan 04 Fun Day At Sea

Tuesday, Jan 05 St. Thomas, USVI 10:00am 8:00pm

Wednesday, Jan 06 St. Maarten, NA 8:00am 6:00pm

Thursday, Jan 07 Fun Day At Sea

Friday, Jan 08 Fun Day At Sea

Saturday, Jan 09 Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL 8:00am

Price right now is $719/pp. I know it's a stretch but I'd get all I could for my money!

Hope you can decide!

We could drive to Baltimore. From here in NJ, that'd be about a 3 hour drive. Not bad compared to flying, in my opinion. And the parking at the pier is $15 a day.

We could leave the second of January, but the ticket prices are more expensive one (1), and two (2), there are actually cheaper cruises. I think its the Valor that leaves the 3rd from Miami and goes to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Cayman Islands for ~$500 for an inside cabin. But when you tack on flights and such it becomes a $1700 vacation.

While obviously that is much more preferable, saving $700 is seeming pretty good to me right about now. Ha! We'll see.

I may, maaaay get a bonus this October. If I do, I think I may consider the Valor.

We could drive to Baltimore. From here in NJ, that'd be about a 3 hour drive. Not bad compared to flying, in my opinion. And the parking at the pier is $15 a day.

We could leave the second of January, but the ticket prices are more expensive one (1), and two (2), there are actually cheaper cruises. I think its the Valor that leaves the 3rd from Miami and goes to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Cayman Islands for ~$500 for an inside cabin. But when you tack on flights and such it becomes a $1700 vacation.

While obviously that is much more preferable, saving $700 is seeming pretty good to me right about now. Ha! We'll see.

I may, maaaay get a bonus this October. If I do, I think I may consider the Valor.

I thought you could fly for free on the 2nd? No? :confused:

Our "coldest" time is January

we usually get a "cold snap" right after New Years...dire warnings of citrus crop failure..."bring your plants and pets inside"....you will see Floridians running around with jackets over hoodies over sweaters...(I don't own a coat LOL)

our weather in Fort Lauderdale is usually just the same as the Bahamas

Orlando/Cape Canaveral are colder than we are

and it is cold in Baltimore

you might not get above 65 degrees...I wouldn't risk it

We are subtropical...Keys are tropical...Cozumel is always warmer

plus it is the Carribean

in January the Atlantic will be COLD

Liberty sails out of Miami Jan 2....really low prices for that sailing

goes to Cozumel, Ochos Rios and Grand Cayman..which all will be warm

Glory sails out of Miami Jan 3...same ports as Liberty and price seems about same, maybe higher

Valor sails Jan 3...and their prices are even lower....Grand Caymen, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan....all warm..you are going further south

Grand Turk likely can be chilly...it is really right by the Bahamas

Half Moon Key is wonderful I hear...but it is the Bahamas...

and trust me, the Bahamas have just about the exact weather as Fort Lauderdale

If you sail from Baltimore I think you will not even be able to use the pools on board

running around deck in sweatsuit and a coat might be ok for Alaska but not for a carribean cruise

JMO>>> I would go with Imagination OR preferably go with one of the 7 night ships that leave from Miami and go to warm ports

I would get a cheaper cabin..insides are fine...you will enjoy the Lido and pool as it will be warm the further south you sail

If you get a balcony on Pride what good is that when it is cold outside?

Think about how long you will be sailing in cold cold weather

and really...Jan in Orlando /Cape Canaveral can be quite cold

that is when they have the "scares" in Central Florida for freezing crops..

it is just far enough north that it can go down to FREEZING AT NIGHT:eek::eek:

I definitely see the gripings about the Baltimore cruise being a huge factor. If it were to never break 70 during the cruise I think it'd definitely be a huge bummer.

I think I will do the Imagination unless I see prices for the Valor go low enough. And an inside cabin is not terrible. I'd rather be in an inside cabin on a Caribbean cruise than no cruise at all!

Archived