Aboard Millennium

Fondofgoodtravel

Hello;

I'm from the UK and my first cruise was aboard the Solstice. Bad hair days were averted because there was a European electrical socket available for my hairdryer and straighteners. Even with a plug converter they do not work in an American electrical socket because of voltage issues. However I have only tried that in land based electrical sockets so not sure whether it's the same on board. I assume that they won't work in the American one onboard. As there was a European one available on the Solstice I didn't bother trying the American one so don't know if it works or not!

Are there both European and US types of sockets on the Millennium or am I doomed to frizzy hair because there isn't a European one?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Yes they have 3 pin plugs on the millenium. I have a US hairdryer for that reason. It takes hours to dry. Which cruise are you on? We are on the 15/3/10 To San Juan, from Manchester.Anything else let me know I will try and help we have done the Millenium class and Century class ships.

Regards

Karen

They have both on Millennium as well.:)

Hi there,

Yes they have 3 pin plugs on the millenium. I have a US hairdryer for that reason. It takes hours to dry. Which cruise are you on? We are on the 15/3/10 To San Juan, from Manchester.Anything else let me know I will try and help we have done the Millenium class and Century class ships.

Regards

Karen

Yay - no frizzy hair for me! Must remember to take my European plug converter. I am thinking of getting a US hairdryer and straighteners for the sole purpose of US travel...Last year I helped an American friend out by buying her a set of UK straighteners for her European trips!

We are on the wine cruise that leaves Vancouver Sept 2010 so a while to go yet but dealing with bad hair days is obviously a key priority! :)

another way to go: i have an excellent (vidal sassoon) hairdryer that has a switch to change it from 240 to 120 - i have literally used it all over the world over the past 15 years. and the handle folds for packing!

Yeah my hairdryer has a little dial thing you can turn from 240 to 120 but I still couldn't get it to blow strong when I was in NYC recently. And my straighteners are meant to be "universal" ie change voltages automatically but they were useless too. What a waste of valuable suitcase space!

Fondofgoodtravell - I would take 'frizzy' hair any time instead of my 'whispy' hair consisting of 3 or 4 on top!

We'll compare 'hair' styles on cruise - we are with you on the Wine cruiise too.

Denny

I'll look out for you Whispy! :D Hopefully I'll be sleekhaired!

Archived