Marie Sharps Hot Sauce

cruising_rocket_scientist

My husband and I will be stopping in Belize in November on the Ryndam. I've heard a lot about Marie Sharp's hot sauce. My brothers are all fans of anything hot and spicy and I figured this would make a great Christmas present.

Has anyone had any trouble getting it back to/on the ship? If I buy quite a few bottles will that pose any problems? We have to fly home to Salt Lake, if we pack it gently between clothes will we have any problems getting it all the way home?

Thanks for your help.

My husband and I will be stopping in Belize in November on the Ryndam. I've heard a lot about Marie Sharp's hot sauce. My brothers are all fans of anything hot and spicy and I figured this would make a great Christmas present.

Has anyone had any trouble getting it back to/on the ship? If I buy quite a few bottles will that pose any problems? We have to fly home to Salt Lake, if we pack it gently between clothes will we have any problems getting it all the way home?

Thanks for your help.

We started eating it during our first trip to Belize about 4 years ago (stayed on Ambergris for a week). DH likes the Habanero (red) and I like the Green Habanero. It is our favorite line of hot sauces (the heat & pepper flavor is not overwhelmed by vinegar). We brought several bottles back when we flew home and intend on buying a few when we cruise next month. I'd like to think I'd give it for presents.....might have to keep it though:p

I second FaithnThyme's recommendation of this sauce line. We picked up a bottle on our last go-through of Belize in January. It has become a scrambled egg staple ever since. The bottles, as I recall, are made of glass. Will that pose a problem? Possibly. I would recommend you bring along a sheet of bubblewrap and/or some baggies to store the bottles in to prevent or contain breaks.

We flew home with bottles of booze, hot sauces and assorted other breakables and nothing untoward happened...well, with the exception of the Port Canaveral baggage handles destroying two bags that is. Oddly the contents of said bags survived.

Getting it onto the ship shouldn't be a problem unless you buy so many that weight becomes an issue. Again, as the bottles are glass so they will weigh more.

We started eating it during our first trip to Belize about 4 years ago (stayed on Ambergris for a week). DH likes the Habanero (red) and I like the Green Habanero. It is our favorite line of hot sauces (the heat & pepper flavor is not overwhelmed by vinegar). We brought several bottles back when we flew home and intend on buying a few when we cruise next month. I'd like to think I'd give it for presents.....might have to keep it though:p

OOOOO!!!! I'm starting a shopping list :)

I've occasionally found various Marie Sharps hot sauces in regular grocery stores in the US, but not her Exotic Sauce. I flew back with several bottles a couple of years ago with no problem and hope to cruise back with lots of bottles in the spring. Marie Sharps seemed readily available at grocery stores, gift shops, etc. all over Belize.

It is a decent sauce, and I have several bottles at home. For those with a liking for hot sauce go with the most hot . . . it is not as much as it is made out to be. I've ordered the sauce by mail from the United States for a good price, so even if you miss out from buying while in Belize you need not worry too much.

It is easy to find, will be in all the shops in Belize City. You will see it on all the tables in any restaurant you visit in Belize like you would salt & pepper in the us. We strived to eat it with every meal while visiting- including breakfast.

Also, we found it in little grocery stores in Mexico :p Which was funny, because while we love Marie Sharp's, we wanted to bring home Mexican Hot sauce on that particular occasion.

There are often 3 packs that may be in little decorative crates that are packaged like gifts, but this is more expensive. Nice gift though!

I just took a gook look at the bottle we just brought back from our cruise to Belize a couple weeks ago. Didn't realize we purchased the COMATOSE HEAT LEVEL one!!:eek: Oh well..we will use it sparingly!! LOL :D

I took a good look at the bottle we just brought back from our cruise to Belize a couple weeks ago. Didn't realize we purchased the COMATOSE HEAT LEVEL one!!:eek: Oh well..we will use it sparingly!! LOL :D

I took a good look at the bottle we just brought back from our cruise to Belize a couple weeks ago. Didn't realize we purchased the COMATOSE HEAT LEVEL one!!:eek: Oh well..we will use it sparingly!! LOL :D

If you're used to habanero sauce I wouldn't be that concerned. It's not all that hot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

we were there for a land tour and weren't anywhere near a grocery store, but we did visit lamanai and altun ha. marie sharp's hot sauce could be bought at both places from vendors. my husband loves all of them, but particularly likes the grapefruit habanero and the orange pulp habanero

Archived