POA Port or Starboard??

gdpups

Since both Maui and Kauai are overnights and both are industrial ports, there is only the view of the working industrial port to see on port side. The starboard side at least does not overlook the port.

The NaPali coast can be seen from both sides shortly after sailaway at 2 on the last day, but mostly on port side (I think it's just like with Alaskan glacier viewing, they turn the ship, but the longer viewing in Hawaii is on port side).

The active volcano (if visible depending on weather) is seen from the starboard side at 9:45 p.m.

We've compromised and taken a stern balcony hoping to be able to see both.

For Hawaii.... On the POAm....I like starboard.... or aft Cat. AF room.

Chuck

Any input on AF's deck 7? Listed as obstructed view. Any idea how bad the view is?

The NaPali coast can be seen from both sides shortly after sailaway at 2 on the last day, but mostly on port side (I think it's just like with Alaskan glacier viewing, they turn the ship, but the longer viewing in Hawaii is on port side).

QUOTE]

I have sailed this itinerary twice and there was no "ship turning" . All Na Pali viewing was port side. The "both" sides you are referring to??? Going out of port with the close up "scenery" was maybe 20 minutes, the it was all port.

The volcano viewing was mostly starboard, but the ship did turn. Best views were on deck.

QUOTE]

I have sailed this itinerary twice and there was no "ship turning" . All Na Pali viewing was port side. The "both" sides you are referring to??? Going out of port with the close up "scenery" was maybe 20 minutes, the it was all port.

The volcano viewing was mostly starboard, but the ship did turn. Best views were on deck.

They don't do it that way anymore. Now only the starboard side sees the volcano, and port and star see the Napali coast since they turn the ship at the end but the port side gets a better view.

Archived