Family of 7

nyorkermom

Look at Princess and Royal Caribbean. Both have family suites that would accommodate your family. However, as the base price for the suite is more than a standard room, you might just be better to book connecting rooms, which are available on most lines.

I'd do connecting rooms, too...better for privacy, and cheaper, too! They're like connecting hotel rooms, with a door inside the cabins so you don't have to go into the hallway. It's like having 1 big room, but with walls separating it, so Mom and Dad can have some "alone" time!

How old are your kids? We have 5 too, ranging from 1 yo to 6 yo. We have cruised twice with the kids, and are going again this January, all on MSC. Two kids under 17 are FREE with each two paying adults on their cruises. When our baby was under 1, they allowed us to have her in the room with 2 other kids. The first time (and this Jan) we are going with other family members, so we were able to get all kids free (you just pay taxes). Once we booked two connecting cabins, one a balcony and one an interior. DH was the adult in one cabin, and I was in the other. Then we paid adult fares for 2 of the kids, and the others were free. Once on the cruise, DH and I slept together in the balcony cabin with the baby, and the 4 other kids were in the adjoining room. It worked great this way. We kept their door dead-bolted and left the adjoining door open all the time.

Let us know if you find some other deals. It is hard to travel at all with a larger family. Most cruiselines have quoted us prices that make it prohibitive for us. Airfare alone is usually AT LEAST $1500, and that is on a good day! To add another several thousand for the cruise makes it less reasonable. Even with the balcony cabin on MSC we got the cruise for all 7 of us under $2000. Our first cruise with two side-by-side OV cabins and my parents coming along (they paid their own way, we paid for the kids in their room) cost us under $1000!

thanks so much everyone ...did msc have alot of stuff for the kids ???

What are the ages of your kids? For mine - they had the kids club from ages 3+. They also provide child care on board on port days if you want to leave the ship without your kids. We have not used this in the past, but may consider it this time as all the but youngest will be old enough to stay. I know they have a "teen" club too, but I have heard complaints that it is too "young" for true teens. My kids really enjoyed the kids club, but we honestly did not use it too much. They did scavenger hunts, swim time, pizza parties, a tour of the bridge, etc. They also took the kids to the entertainment show at nighttime. They had specific hours during the days, usually with 1-2hr breaks throughout so you could not drop you child off in the morning and leave them there all day. Around the ship, there was a small play area with a slide and a ropes/climbing thing. There was also mini golf.

HTH.

Archived