Can you?

AZchieffan

Check in without a credit card? My ex has ran our CC into the ground, and its my only one. My PVP said that you can use cash, but I thought you had to have a CC to check in. So I am coming to my faithful Cruise Critic's for advise.

You can check in with just cash - I think they like to see about $200 pp - although some say they have used less. As you charge to your S&S the purser will let you know when you need to add more cash. Any cash left on the account will be returned via a check on the last night. You can pre-pay tips so you won't need as much cash while you are on board. You can also buy FunShip Dollars and have them applied to you S&S before you board.

Cash Deposit:

U.S. Currency and Traveler's Checks are accepted as a form of deposit to open a Sail & Sign Account at the start of the cruise. As the guest approaches the deposit limit, the Information Desk will notify the guest that additional money must be deposited. "Recommended" deposits per duration of the voyage are as follows:

2-4 day cruises: $100 deposit pp

5-8 day cruises: $200 deposit pp

9+ day cruises: $350 deposit pp

This is from the Carnival Cruise Line Web Site

Check in without a credit card? My ex has ran our CC into the ground, and its my only one. My PVP said that you can use cash, but I thought you had to have a CC to check in. So I am coming to my faithful Cruise Critic's for advise.

Nope... no need for a credit card.

During check in you'll be asked to present the credit card that the last 4 of appeared in the Fun Pass.

Just tell them you want to use cash. Once on board go the the Purser's Desk and put however much cash you want on your account!!!

:)

You don't need to put cash down either. You could just board and not spend anything and you are not required to put down anything.

Steve

Archived