Sailing Ecstasy next month, LOTS of rooms left!

kcroxyoursox

I'm sailing on the Ecstasy on November 14th out of Galveston.

I went in and pretended to do a booking today, looking at each category and how many rooms are available. By my calculations, there are at least 150 rooms left, everything from Spa to Suite to OV to IS (the only one showing nothing is the 1A.)

What's the next move on Carnival's part? A massive price drop for everyone? The introduction of a past guest/resident/other fare code option? I'd love to call my PVP and play Let's Make a Deal, but I know that's not feasible.

Right now the only two options to book are Fun Saver and Fun Select. I'd be looking at OBC since I booked ES, but I'd love to get into a balcony or suite instead. On a 5 day, I can't justify spending another $250 to get us upgraded, but would jump at it if it were given to me at a steeeeeeep discount.

Is it feasible to think that they'll fill all of these rooms in <40 days?

There is a senior rate on the suites for your date. If they arent selling, they could add senior rates to more categories. 150 cabins left on a ship that holds a couple of thousand isnt that many, but they do sail pretty full out of Galveston.

I'm sailing on the Ecstasy on November 14th out of Galveston.

I went in and pretended to do a booking today, looking at each category and how many rooms are available. By my calculations, there are at least 150 rooms left...

Is it feasible to think that they'll fill all of these rooms in <40 days?

150 cabins 40 days out is nothing. Mark my words. Your sailing will be 100% sold by the time November 14th rolls around. PLENTY of time to fill those cabins.

Have you seen a price drop drop from the time you booked?

The last time I sailed (first week in August), I booked my cruise at the last minute. my PVP called me about 5 days prior to the sailing and told me that there were over 200 cabins available. By the day prior to departure, everything was gone. Completely sold out! Carnival sold these 200 cabins in 4 days!

But then again, do you really think EVERY ship sails full EVERY time there's a sailing? It's easy to say the ship is sailing full, and it is in Carnival's interest to do so because it creates a sense of demand, thereby getting us to book sooner/pay more for sailings we are looking at.

I'll be happy with whatever the outcome because I'll be cruising! Plus, the price we booked at was obviously considered a good value for us since we booked it. Anything that happens now will just be icing on the cake, but I want to be informed should I get that magical fairy call :)

But then again, do you really think EVERY ship sails full EVERY time there's a sailing? It's easy to say the ship is sailing full, and it is in Carnival's interest to do so because it creates a sense of demand, thereby getting us to book sooner/pay more for sailings we are looking at.

In Carnival's case, statistically, they sail at over 100% capacity year round (meaning all cabins filled at double occupancy, plus many cabins with a 3rd and 4th guest).

Carnival is very aggressive about filling up their ships, and they will discount at the last minute and get the Customer Sales department in high gear to move those cabins if they need to.

That you've seen price drops is a good indication that the ship isn't selling at the pace they expected (and you should continue taking advantage of it!), but once again, mark my words, your sailing will be sold out. Try to book a cabin on your sailing (or any Carnival sailing for that matter) a day or two before departure. In fact, call them this Friday and tell them that you want to sail on any ship departing this weekend. Let me know what the results are...

Archived