Medical Care on Board and Travel Insurance

Eddie and Park

You will have to pay for the onboard medical care at the end of the cruise. Then you submit the bill to your regular health insurance. Whatever portion is not covered (could be all) is then sent in to your travel insurance and they will reimburse you.

A few days ago onboard the Pacific Princess I visited the medical center. I had injured my shoulder somehow and it was giving me a lot of pain. It took about 15 minutes to fill out the info, see the doctor and receive the medication I needed to stop the pain.

Even though we have medical insurance through Princess this trip. You still need to pay for the treatment (it was billed to our shipboard account) and then submit the necessary paperwork to the insurance company when you return from your cruise.

So, even with Princess insurance, you pay up front, and are reimbursed later for a covered medical clinic visit. :)

A few days ago onboard the Pacific Princess I visited the medical center. I had injured my shoulder somehow and it was giving me a lot of pain. It took about 15 minutes to fill out the info, see the doctor and receive the medication I needed to stop the pain.

Even though we have medical insurance through Princess this trip. You still need to pay for the treatment (it was billed to our shipboard account) and then submit the necessary paperwork to the insurance company when you return from your cruise.

So, even with Princess insurance, you pay up front, and are reimbursed later for a covered medical clinic visit. :)

So what documentation did you get other than the charge on your shipboard account to submit to the insurance companies? Anything describing what was done by the doctor?

Thanks, ToTo

So what documentation did you get other than the charge on your shipboard account to submit to the insurance companies? Anything describing what was done by the doctor?

Thanks, ToTo

I received a detailed bill from the med center, with the charges, meds dispensed, the complaint, and diagnoses. When I returned home, I can download the insurance forms, fill them out and submit them with a copy of the bill. If I remember correctly (it's been years since we had any type of insurance claim), I also have to have my doctor sign and fill out a section as to if this was a recuring problem, or when it was last treated, for pre-existing condtion problems. Not complicated whatsoever.

Sorry it took a while to get back to you on this, we were on Bora Bora enjoying out day yesterday, and the connection last night when I checked in was unavailable, so I had to wait until this morning. ;)

Not to get off topic here, but has anyone noticed that the post counts are not tallying?

Eddie and Park (3 posts) and Toto (2 posts) have stayed the same.

Maybe is my computer which has been acting "funny" this morning.

Or maybe I'm missing something.

Not to get off topic here, but has anyone noticed that the post counts are not tallying?

Eddie and Park (3 posts) and Toto (2 posts) have stayed the same.

Maybe is my computer which has been acting "funny" this morning.

Or maybe I'm missing something.

I think that when you make a new post the counts change on all of your posts to be the same new number. They don’t show different numbers to indicate what sequence they were posted.

Archived