dining options on quest

billcrooz

we are newbies on quest; refugee from silversea; want to try the italy cruise next year as they have the best itinerary; but curious about dining options; is there open seating; dine by yourself or are you assigned seating ?

Hi Bill,

There is no assigned seating ... you can dine at a table for two, or asked to be seated with others in the main dining room (at a table for 4, 6 or 8).

Here's a link to info on Azamara's website ... if you click on the titles (Main, Casual, Specialty, etc.), more details are provided. http://www.azamaracruises.com/onboardExperience/dblTxtThumb.do;jsessionid=0000Z5lRyMv0bLeoW5ZNaRvwrYz:12odfrvug?pagename=taste_of_azamara

We really enjoyed the various options for dining on Azamara.:)

we are newbies on quest; refugee from silversea; want to try the italy cruise next year as they have the best itinerary; but curious about dining options; is there open seating; dine by yourself or are you assigned seating ?

Hi Bill, I would find it hard to go back to formal nights and set dining after being on Azamara so many times..IMHO the open seating with no additional charge for specialty dining is the best..DH and I were on the Italy itinerary in August and it was wonderful, just loved it..

Jancruz1

Hi Bill, I would find it hard to go back to formal nights and set dining after being on Azamara so many times..IMHO the open seating with no additional charge for specialty dining is the best..DH and I were on the Italy itinerary in August and it was wonderful, just loved it..

Jancruz1

Help me out. I thought there was a charge for the specialty dining, such as Prime C. Also isn't there a limit on the number of times?

hello,

Dining arrangements on the Quest...are interesting and innovative in a way.

There are a few tables for 4, 6 and 8. Most tables though are for two persons. The tables for two are comfortably spaced but close enough to have a conversation with the couples on either side of you if so desired. So, while you are dining at a table for two, it can become like dining at a table for six. My DW and enjoyed this as we had the opportunity to meet new people and good conversation without it being forced on you.

And though Azamara says that no formal clothes are required you should know that almost without exception everyone who come in the dining room is nicely dressed. Not in tuxes or long gowns, but nicely and appropriately dressed.

You will greatly enjoy the Quest. I hope that at its next refurbishment they can somehow make the showers bigger.

Help me out. I thought there was a charge for the specialty dining, such as Prime C. Also isn't there a limit on the number of times?

From Azamara's website:

Guests who have booked a stateroom will receive two nights of complimentary specialty dining, and guests staying in a suite will receive three nights of complimentary specialty dining. Additional complimentary reservations will be accommodated on a space-available basis. Please note that all guests that dine in either specialty restaurant will be charged a recommended gratuity of $5 per guest per night.

You can find a few more details on Specialty dining in the link I posted above.:)

We recently sailed on the Journey (9/13/09 Western Med). There was not a charge for the specialty restaurants. We ate 4 times in Prime C and once in Aqualina. We had no trouble getting reservations and we always tipped more than the $5 pp. The service was fabulous. They go out of their way to accommodate you - one night we had 15 at the long table in the front and on another evening there were 17 of us and they arranged for us to have two large round tables in the back side by side. It was a fantastic cruise.

Guests who have booked a stateroom will receive two nights of complimentary specialty dining, and guests staying in a suite will receive three nights of complimentary specialty dining. Additional complimentary reservations will be accommodated on a space-available basis. Please note that all guests that dine in either specialty restaurant will be charged a recommended gratuity of $5 per guest per night

For the "two nights of complimentary specialty dining, and guests staying in a suite will receive three nights of complimentary specialty dining" do you or do you not pay $5? It is not complimetary if there is a $5 charge is it?!

Also how do they differentiate between the complimentary dining and the normal dining if the same $5 charge applies? What is different? Personally I do not think the website has been updated from when there was a true complimentary dining when the restaurant charges were $30pp a year ago.

.... do you or do you not pay $5? It is not complimetary if there is a $5 charge is it?!

Although you receive a bill at the end of the meal for a $5 pp gratuity charge, it is optional. (I can't imagine who would choose not to pay it though.)

Also how do they differentiate between the complimentary dining and the normal dining if the same $5 charge applies? What is different?

The $5. gratuity fee applies in Aqualina and Prime C ... not Discoveries (the main dining room.)

Personally I do not think the website has been updated from when there was a true complimentary dining when the restaurant charges were $30pp a year ago.
:confused: There wasn't a $30. charge a year ago.

Although you receive a bill at the end of the meal for a $5 pp gratuity charge, it is optional. (I can't imagine who would choose not to pay it though.)

The $5. gratuity fee applies in Aqualina and Prime C ... not Discoveries (the main dining room.)

:confused: There wasn't a $30. charge a year ago.

To clarify I meant how do the differentiate between those who are dining in Aqualina and PrimeC on their 'complimentary' nights and those who are dining there because they wanted to....there is no difference if everyone pays $5 is there?

PrimeC was $25pp and Aqualina was $20pp. Believe this costing ended in Jan08 (sorry I had forgotten the actual sum and I put $30)

Archived