FLL Transfer Help Please

twoatsea

On 12/6/09, we arrive early (about 6am) on the RCCL Independence & disembark at the Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal & need transport to the Ft. Lauderdale airport. Our domestic flight leaves at about noon. We will be in the first group disembarking because we only have carryon luggage & will haul it off the ship ourselves. I'm assuming we have plenty of time?

We could take RCCL's bus, but that is a bother - waiting to be called to board the buses, wandering around trying to find the correct bus because they never seem to have enough people giving directions, waiting on them to fill up the buses, & arriving at the airport with throngs of others. I haven't checked to see what their price is.

We could take a cab - have been told it is about $20 & there are "plenty" waiting outside the terminal. In past experiences in other cities, that can also be a pain - like a feeding frenzy! Everyone trying to grab a cab; not any cabs left, have to wait till some come back & everyone grabbing again. Then there is the issue of getting taken for a ride by the cabbie - have experienced that before, as have most travelers. What do you think about the cab option? Is my description fairly accurate, or is the Ft. L. cruise terminal cab setup differently?

How about some reputable & reliable private car transport companies that can be recommended by any of your folks? Seems like such a soothing end to a great trip.

Appreciate hellpful comments, suggestions, etc.

Thanks

Honestly you do NOT need to arrange a shuttle for a trip from Port Everglades to FLL. The port and airport are adjacent, it's a 5-10 minute drive! If you're going to do self disembarkation and be off as soon as the ship is cleared you'll have plenty of time for a noon flight and there is NO PROBLEM getting a cab at that time! There will be plenty of cabs waiting and that's the quickest and easiest way to go there is! It's also not $20, it's less than $15.

I just booked two trips with these guys. They are common at CC and when I called the guy on the phone was very helpful and answered all my questions.

http://www.ridesas.com/

Not sure that SAS will do this short trip. We have them reserved from MIA to our FL hotel and back to the airport but when we asked if they could transfer us from Port Everglades to our hotel at Hallandale Steve said that they are so busy with Miami port arrivals, they could not do this. If anyone has any other recommendations, I would be grateful, I am also reluctant to rely on a taxi as we are disembarking Oasis along with about 6000 other cruisers.

thanks for any help.

Not sure that SAS will do this short trip. We have them reserved from MIA to our FL hotel and back to the airport but when we asked if they could transfer us from Port Everglades to our hotel at Hallandale Steve said that they are so busy with Miami port arrivals, they could not do this. If anyone has any other recommendations, I would be grateful, I am also reluctant to rely on a taxi as we are disembarking Oasis along with about 6000 other cruisers.

thanks for any help.

Sorry, I got confused. I am using them from Fort Lauderdale to POM and then POM to FLL.;)

Archived