Roll Call: Radiance of the Seas 10/09/10

OGCFreddie

I am excited to see this ship come to Tampa, I am very close to booking this cruise.
You should, Scott. After all...it's so close to home and prices are still good for a 7 nighter. I know of at least 2 other "family" couples going as well. I cruised with one of the couples from England a few weeks ago on the Freedom and they were really great guys! Hope you decide to book it!

Hey, guys! I recognize your name from the main roll call thread. Looks like quite a group on this one!!!

Yeah. Jon usually keeps up with all the posting on here. I had not been reading on this thread since we came back from our Labor Day cruise on Enchantment. I cannot believe the number of posts. I just gave up trying to go back and catch up. LOL

Should be a very happening cruise critic group. We are looking forward to it.

Good to know we will have other "family" on board as well.

Mark and Jon

Officially booked on this cruise and first time with 2 booked cruises :)
Welcome aboard, Scott! And congratulations on having two cruises lined up. Feels good, huh? I'm looking forward to meeting ya'll. If you get the chance, come on over and join the main roll call thread as well. I can't belive there are so many already posting on it. Close to 2000 posts now. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=972851

Have a good one!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Freddie,

Saw your post earlier and have been lurking about. Went on the Legend (Aquafest) on Oct and had a good time. Greg wants to return to RC for 2010, so am looking for a nice cabin on this cruise. (doubt we will be next to you on this one) I will be booking this one soon, so I will be looking forward to your updates. Same roomie this time too? This will be the 3rd time on the Radiance, so feels like home. Hope to hear from you soon...Brett

Hi Freddie,

Saw your post earlier and have been lurking about. Went on the Legend (Aquafest) on Oct and had a good time. Greg wants to return to RC for 2010, so am looking for a nice cabin on this cruise. (doubt we will be next to you on this one) I will be booking this one soon, so I will be looking forward to your updates. Same roomie this time too? This will be the 3rd time on the Radiance, so feels like home. Hope to hear from you soon...Brett

Hey, Brett. Long time, no hear! Yepper. I'll be cruising with Michael again. Since we all cruised on mariner together, I've done a few more sailings. Mariner, Sovereign, Monarch and Freedom. Can you tell I'm stuck on RCCL?

I've never been on Radiance but I am really looking forward to it. I've heard a lot of nice things about that class.

Looking forward to seeing you and Greg again. Come on over to the main thread if yu get the chance. You'll probably recognize a lot of the same names that went on Mariner. Take care!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Freddie,

Oh yes, will be there in high spirits. Greg wanted to be back on RCL this next time and we are returning to just a regular cruise. I liked Aquafest thou. No balcony this time as we are conserving a bit. We each bought investment condo's in the past 6 months and its been a bit tight on cash. We are a bit loaded up on debt but things should be good by Oct. (I relieved Greg of working on my condo as he will not let me make any decisions- so he is sooo fired) Anyway, we have a forward window cabin on 8, so this will be fine. I imagine you will bring your usual 6 trunks of formal wear...us none...not even a pair of dress shoes...Brett & Greg...Hoping for a relaxing time back home again on Radiance...

• 5 months later...
Hi Freddie,

You getting all your trunks and assorted bagage all ready fo this years sailing? Lets hear from you...

Brett

LOL. Yepper. I am MORE than ready for this cruise and am looking forward to it. I can't wait. No trunks, but I'm sure that I will, indeed, overpack like usual. Looking forward to seeing ya'll again.

So are there any others who will be going on this cruise? Let's here from ya!

Freddie

• 1 month later...

Hi Freddie,

It was well over a year ago when you let me know about this Tampa cruise. Not sure who you are traveling with this time (some hunk I assume). Radiance is my all time favorite class ship and this will be the 4th time on her. I upgraded to Family Suite (#8502) room and will surprise Greg with a big room!

You only have 10 more days to pack left...lets her from you...Brett

Hi,

Just booked this cruise yesterday. I got a offer I couldn't refused. Works out great, because I get to visit with my ex who just moved to Tampa, so was planning the trip anyway. The cruise is just the icing on the cake. Sailing alone this time. I just read that RCCL doesn't post FOD get together on their daily paper. They never have them at convenient time anyway. Well, looking forward to meeting everyone in 8 days. :)

Joel,

Thebambam

P.S. Bambam is my football nickname. No other meaning. LOL

What a surprise for Greg, Brett. He'll be really pleased! So why haven't you posted on the main thread yet? It's a great group this time. Also, have you signed up for the Meet & Mingle yet>

BamBam, I noticed that you posted once on the main Radiance thread but never returned. I even tried to contact you through Facebook. Stop back by again and say hello. That goes for you as well, Brett!

I'll be traveling with a friend of mine named Michael. Brett...he is the guy I sailed with on the Mariner in 2007. Just a friend, but a nice guy and we get along well.

Looking forward to seeing ya'll soon. Like I said....stop by the main thread and say hello ( http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=972851 ) . They are all very open-minded and have no problems with gays or gay couples. Keep in touch!!!!

I started the booking procedure 2 weeks ago and had to wait and see if I could go. Something came up. Glad I waited, with this booking I saved over $200. :)

Been posting on the Regular Blog as well.

Joel

Glad to see you were able to work things out, Joel. With that kind of savings, I guess the drinks are on you - LOL. See ya in a week!!!

Freddie

Freddie and Joel,

Just returned from Sawmill Resort and had a great weekend (have a trailer up there we keep stored).

I did not know of another Board Freddie- guess you have been cheating on meall this time (and to think I know you too)

Anyway, welcome Joel. Are you like a big offense linemen type or a "wide receiver" type football player? I thnk you will like Radiance so well and will need to break Feddie in on her. No Johnnie Rockets on board so the Seaview grill will have to do (so so food). So you are bringing dreamie Michael again huh? You are such a stud...

Did upgradde to a balcony cabin (unassigned room) and Greg will be sooooo surprised. Got a $400 onboard credit just by asking- was only looking for a $100 credit when I called in as the price dropped he next day after the upgrade request.

Any plans for ports yet, as we have not been to Costa Maya before...????????

Brett

Freddie,

Too late to sign up for the meet & mingle. I assume you can get me in...

You and Michael are in late dining and we will do the Windjammer (not into long drawn out dinners) maybe we can get together for lunch sometime...

Joel- What are your dinner plans (?) and free to join us if desired...what are your plans for this cruise? Just lots of lazy days ahead for me in the solarium, the gym and reading a book...

1 week to go and the shp is geting closer to Tampa as I write this (just thru the canal). Will try to get to the port by 11 AM....

Lets hear from you an looking forward to seeing all of you...

Brett and Greg

Is it Saturday yet........ I don;t have anything planned for any ports, Costa Maya and Belize are both new to me so might do something there but mostly just relax and be a spa junkie.

I was up to Sawmill about 2 weeks ago, I like the BAYD weekends, Have not taken the RV up there in a while, actually have not used it at all in almost a year.:(

Archived