Southampton to Gatwick - do we have time?

twoatsea

We arrive on the Queen Mary 2 at the Southampton Cruise Terminal on 11Nov2009. Docking is scheduled for 6:30am. Dh & I will disembark with the first group, hauling off our own luggage.

Our British Airways flight to Rome leaves at 2:05pm.

The private car service we selected (smithsforairports) said they schedule their drivers to meet at 8:30am because it takes that long for the first passengers to arrive at the meeting place in the terminal.

What time do you think we will be at the meeting place?

Do you think an 8:30am meeting time will get us to the airport in time to allow for checkin, security, & getting to the gate?

Thanks

We arrive on the Queen Mary 2 at the Southampton Cruise Terminal on 11Nov2009. Docking is scheduled for 6:30am. Dh & I will disembark with the first group, hauling off our own luggage.

Our British Airways flight to Rome leaves at 2:05pm.

The private car service we selected (smithsforairports) said they schedule their drivers to meet at 8:30am because it takes that long for the first passengers to arrive at the meeting place in the terminal.

What time do you think we will be at the meeting place?

Do you think an 8:30am meeting time will get us to the airport in time to allow for checkin, security, & getting to the gate?

Thanks

Hope you have a high-tier frequent flyer status... to have lounge access:

2.05 pm

would mean

12.00/12.30 pm would be enough to be at the airport.

i. e. 10.00/10.30 am from Southampton would be early enough to leave...

Regards,

HeinBloed

I agree with HeinBloed - you should be fine. You don't have to be checked-in at the airport until 1.05 pm, IIRC - so you have 4½ hours for a trip which should be about 2-2½ hours, ie plenty of margin.

Thanks for your replies. Good to know that we have too much time, rather than too little time!

It's an under two hour train journey from Southampton to Gatwick, probably a little bit more by car; but still shouldn't be an issue.

Archived