Shady spots? Mattresses?

Cruising on the Pacific Sun next year ...are they shady spots to sit/lie?... on that or other ships...

I'm a redhead now faded to white! I can be out in the sun but I never lie in it but I'd like to think there will be places I can watch the ocean roll by too...

And are they beds rock hard or the mattresses ok?

Thanks for all the tips ...I feel like I'm on holiday already!! :o

Cruising on the Pacific Sun next year ...are they shady spots to sit/lie?... on that or other ships...

I'm a redhead now faded to white! I can be out in the sun but I never lie in it but I'd like to think there will be places I can watch the ocean roll by too...

And are they beds rock hard or the mattresses ok?

Thanks for all the tips ...I feel like I'm on holiday already!! :o

p.s. all my "they" ...s should be "there" s...I'm having a dyslexic thank God it's Friday moment.

Gee - know how you feel.:eek:

I'm not a redhead but I do have very fair skin.

I also have a long history of skin cancers dating back to my days serving in Vietnam and other SE Asian postings.

I have never travelled the Sun but am told that being the American formula it does not have conventional covered promenade decks that way British and European ships do.

Maybe you should consider changing your booking to the Pacific Jewel cruise [two extra days] which leaves the day after your booked trip.

Being the Dawn's sister ship it will have lovely big open promenade decks to laze and watch the ocean.

Others will probably have better advice, but those are my thoughts. :)

dscf0257kk.jpg

Gee - know how you feel.:eek:

I'm not a redhead but I do have very fair skin.

I also have a long history of skin cancers dating back to my days serving in Vietnam and other SE Asian postings.

I have never travelled the Sun but am told that being the American formula it does not have conventional covered promenade decks that way British and European ships do.

Maybe you should consider changing your booking to the Pacific Jewel cruise [two extra days] which leaves the day after your booked trip.

Being the Dawn's sister ship it will have lovely big open promenade decks to laze and watch the ocean.

Others will probably have better advice, but those are my thoughts. :)

dscf0257kk.jpg

Thank you so much for that information! I can't change that particular cruise ....I'm going with a friend and it was very hard finding dates we could both do...and we got a very very cheap deal because my daughter is a travel consultant.

But hopefully this will be the start of many for me. Obviously the kind of ship now can be part of that consideration ...I really appreciate what you have told me.

That's why these boards are SO good. I'm finding out all kinds of things I had no idea about.

For this (my first cruise) ...we just picked a date and the number of nights and it had to be P & 0 for the deal ...next time I'll look at other things like the ship and the ports more.

I have a feeling I'm going to love it, even if I look like that crazy woman strolling around under a parasol! :p

We traveled on the Pacific Sun in August this year. There appeared to be plenty of covered areas around the pool and in other places and decks. Actually it may be more difficult to find a sunny spot. As to be beds, we thought they were excellent and even thought it was our first cruise, we slept soundly first night.

Horrie 33

We traveled on the Pacific Sun in August this year. There appeared to be plenty of covered areas around the pool and in other places and decks. Actually it may be more difficult to find a sunny spot. As to be beds, we thought they were excellent and even thought it was our first cruise, we slept soundly first night.

Horrie 33

Horrie that's marvelous too hear ....same ship same time of year. I can't wait! Thank you. :cool:

We sailed on Sun in september there is plenty of shady spots to laze around. I am not a fan of lying in the sun either.

The beds were excellent slept well nice and comfy, tho i did have the feeling i was sleeping on my head while being rocked to sleep lol.

Dani

we went on the Sun in February. I wanted to be in the sun, but my hubby wanted shade. We found on the top deck above the pool, there is a spot you can do both. There is a spa in a corner and that whole corner is under cover. So he moved his deck chair in there, and I was out in the sun a few inches from him on my deck chair. So we could still talk comfortably. Enjoy your trip - look out though, you'll be hooked!:D

Archived