Lunch on Caye Caulker - Coral Breezes

blessedwith12

I don't know where Coral Breezes stops for lunch, but the best place on the Caye is at Carlos'. Literally a homemade grill where he cooks up freash caught lobster, conch, fish and serves it with rice and beans, for the handsme sum of $5:) He's near the Spit, about a 100 yards north of the soccer field.

We bring bottled water on board and use that but water from from the ship in a water bottle works, just to be on the safe side. Soda, beer, liquor are fine. Remember local soda uses real sugar so it's sweeter than you're probably used to.

I have had this lunch thru Coral Breeze. They had it at a little place right when you get off the dock. It was good. When we went to Caye Caulker on our own, we ate lunch at this same little restaurant. There aren't that many choices on this tiny island to dine at. I believe we had coke from a can with that lunch. I wouldn't take a chance on anything else than bottled or canned beverages.

I have had this lunch thru Coral Breeze. They had it at a little place right when you get off the dock. It was good. When we went to Caye Caulker on our own, we ate lunch at this same little restaurant. There aren't that many choices on this tiny island to dine at. I believe we had coke from a can with that lunch. I wouldn't take a chance on anything else than bottled or canned beverages.

Actually, there are a lot of places to eat on Caye Caulker. Coral Breezes usually stops at Tropical Paradise for lunch. At the moment, Tropical Paradise is closed for the slow season - should be opening again soon I would think. So, Coral Breezes is taking their snorkelers to Happy Lobster for lunch. We wanted to do lunch on our own, and went to Barrier Reef Sports Bar & Grill http://www.belizesportsbar.com/bar.htm

On another note, if you are going out with Coral Breezes soon, check to make sure they have repaired their outboard motors and have a working boat. We were out with them last week and they blew a piston rod through the crank shaft of one engine:eek:, lost the steering column:eek:, then lost the other engine:eek:. We drifted for a while before Hammerhead could send a boat out for us to transfer to to get back to the Belize pier.

coral breezes goes to shark/rayalley and one other stop, then Caye Cauker, $89pp

aqua dives goes to Hol Chan and shark/ray alley $35pp

is it worth the $55 difference????? ok $5 lunch make it $50pp

Does Aqua Dives pick you up at the pier in Belize or do you need to provide your own tranportation to Caye Caulker or Ambergis Cay which is where they are located (and which is further away than Caye Caulker I believe)?

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, there are a lot of places to eat on Caye Caulker. Coral Breezes usually stops at Tropical Paradise for lunch. At the moment, Tropical Paradise is closed for the slow season - should be opening again soon I would think. So, Coral Breezes is taking their snorkelers to Happy Lobster for lunch. We wanted to do lunch on our own, and went to Barrier Reef Sports Bar & Grill http://www.belizesportsbar.com/bar.htm

On another note, if you are going out with Coral Breezes soon, check to make sure they have repaired their outboard motors and have a working boat. We were out with them last week and they blew a piston rod through the crank shaft of one engine:eek:, lost the steering column:eek:, then lost the other engine:eek:. We drifted for a while before Hammerhead could send a boat out for us to transfer to to get back to the Belize pier.

I am reading your post with a bad feeling. We went to Caye Caulker this week with Coral Breeze Tours. They put us ( about 20+ people) in a 20' open skiff. Terrible ride out with wind and wash over. On the return, the engine went out twice.

; steering cable of some other problem too. I thought is was only us. This sounds like a longer term problem.

Lunch was fine. Before lunch go up to the counter and tell them you want to rent a golf cart. Got one for $10. Cruised around the Caye with two local youngsters hanging off the back and giving us a tour of their home. Really fun time.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived