Afraid to meet & mingle ?

Ashland

You know you are probably right. I initially put in the "e" and then changed it because I thought it looked odd. Should have checked the dictionary, lol!

Colleen

I was just joining in on the "pompous-ness "....(is that even a word???):D:D

No I believe that would be if one were referring to a male, lol!

Colleen

:D:D:D

"The One Who Must Be Obeyed" and I have attended two Meet and Mingles, the first on the Jewel in February of 2008 and the second on Independence in February of this year. We chatted with some folks, enjoyed a beverage and a nibble, and "The One Who Must" even won the RCCL mouse which she keeps on her desk. The best thing is that no one appeared to take notice of how anyone else was dressed, much less make any critical remarks or otherwise pass judgment about it!;)

I've never been to a M&M, but my experience with meeting online friends IRL is most keyboard ninjas are usually pretty meek and mild in person.

I agree. The anonymity of the computer sometimes shows our dark side (no pun intended:D), which is one reason I use an actual picture in my signature. Lord knows I don't need a reason for my darker side to show;) I learned people's personality online can be so different in real life. Ones who seem to be outgoing can be very shy (like me:rolleyes::D), others who seem more reserve are the life of the party. In th end you will meet people who are from vastly differnt backgrounds but share your interest, likes and dislikes, which is always amazing. I meet, greet and go. It's always nice to see a familiar face on board afer the M&G.

Side note: On one cruise people kept coming up to me and saying hi, KJ. I can't figue out how they reconized me :-) DH finally asked who is KJ/kooljamming!

Now he ask did you pizz anyone off so I know to duck for cover at the buffet. Me pizz anyone off....no way! I take things seriously and always agreeable

I agree. The anonymity of the computer sometimes shows our dark side (no pun intended:D), which is one reason I use an actual picture in my signature. Lord knows I don't need a reason for my darker side to show;) One person on RCCL site I can honestly say I have no interest in meeting and another one on the last line I cruised. If I can't meet someone with an open mind then there is no reason to try. I learned people's personality online can be so different in real life. Ones who seem to be outgoing can be very shy (like me:rolleyes::D), others who seem more reserve are the life of the party. In th end you will meet people who are from vastly differnt backgrounds but share your interest, likes and dislikes, which is always amazing. I meet, greet and go. It's always nice to see a familiar face on board afer the M&G.

Side note: On one cruise people kept coming up to me and saying hi, KJ. I can't figue out how they reconized me :-) DH finally asked who is KJ/kooljamming!

Now he ask did you pizz anyone off so I know to duck for cover at the buffet. Me pizz anyone off....no way! I take things seriously and always agreeable

What a great looking family.....................lucky gal!

g

I have always enjoyed the M & M's. It is a shame that more people do not show up for them, even after they have signed up. Always a good time though.

I have only been to one M&M, and it was so not fun that I hesitate to attend another one....even though I have signed up for our upcoming cruise. The one we went to had no meeting or mingling going on, just someone from the cruise director's staff answering people's questions, which were more complaints than anything else. We stayed for about an hour and then left because it didn't look like it was ending anytime soon and some of the people were getting really riled up. We were expecting more of a fun time with people getting a chance to talk to each other - like maybe meeting and mingling... :)

The only people who I would have a problem with on a cruise if I met them are:

chair hogs

rude people

adults

children

people who get in my way

people who like fox news

people who like msnbc

people who voted for G.W. Bush

People who voted for Obama

people who watch Rush, Glen Beck, and O'Rielley

people who watch Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow

people who love carnival and hate RCI

people who love RCI and hate carnival

Parents who take there kids in adults areas

kids that take there parents into kids areas

people who hate anytime dining and love set dining time

people who hate set dining and love anytime dining.

OK i think I am done and if i did not include you, to bad

So you'd be fine if I was a teenage hermit who some how wandered onto the ship, and knew nothing cruising or dinning? :p:D

I have only been to one M&M, and it was so not fun that I hesitate to attend another one....even though I have signed up for our upcoming cruise. The one we went to had no meeting or mingling going on, just someone from the cruise director's staff answering people's questions, which were more complaints than anything else. We stayed for about an hour and then left because it didn't look like it was ending anytime soon and some of the people were getting really riled up. We were expecting more of a fun time with people getting a chance to talk to each other - like maybe meeting and mingling... :)

I have been to many M&M and Connections (Celebrity) get-togethers. Some are like the one you describe, and are not as enjoyable. But others are fun, where you do get a chance to talk to many attendees that you had discussions with on the roll call threads. I think the best ones are when you spend more time standing up and you can mingle. Some are set up to sit down as soon as you arrive, and you stay there for the entire session. But all in all, I have enjoyed most of them, and will continue to attend on every cruise. :)

Gerry

Archived