which to chose - coral/sun

carol allen

have been on the sun 2 years ago and the coral this past november.

have been hearing negative reviews of the sun but like the itinerary

like the newness of the coral but have already been to the canal.

we enjoy good night life (which the coral has - and not the sun)

the sun is $300 less expensive than the coral but sometimes cost is not as important as enjoying your cruise

which would you go on??????

carol in connecticut

carol

Not having been on the Coral I would still suggest the Sun - if you like then itinerary - go for it - the Sun is a beautiful ship - not too big and easy to get around on - we like the Sun Class (Sorry Scott - just my opinion)

Ron

Not having been on the Coral I would still suggest the Sun - if you like then itinerary - go for it - the Sun is a beautiful ship - not too big and easy to get around on - we like the Sun Class (Sorry Scott - just my opinion)

Ron

I'd bet you a bottle of Grey Goose that if you went on the Coral or Island you'd change your mind ;)

Scott

If we have sailed on two ships in the past and enjoyed both, we would definitely choose the one with the best itinerary. We sailed on the Sun this past Spring and loved it, but then we tend to enjoy the smaller ships more than the larger ones. Almost all the reviews and posts lately seem to be more on the negative side, not sure why, but a review has never actually convinced me not to sail on a certain ship.

Hope whichever one you choose that you have a great cruise.

I'm just off the Sun and headed back in a couple weeks. I've also sailed the Coral. I would pick by itinerary. They're both great ships and the Coral is especially nice but the itinerary they have her on isn't necessarily one you want to repeat unless you're just going to go (which is why we sailed the Coral to begin with)

Cruisin Chris

Maybe you are the one to help me.

I am skeptical about the sun as you know so maybe you can answer these questionsf or me (honestly)

Did you smell sewage

What kind of music did the bands play in the wheelhouse and did they have 2 different bands (we loved the modern bands in the Explorer's Lounge on the Coral)

How was the food

What kind of room did you have

YOur help would be greatly appreciated

having a very hard time deciding

did you say you are going back on the Sun - which itinerary did you do and which are you going to do??

Thanks alot

carol in connecticut

I finally decided to switch from the Sun to the Coral.

We absolutely loved the Coral last NOvember and felt we would be disappointed with the Sun.

The Coral has so many amenities that the Sun does not have such as a wonderful Explorer's Lounge with great bands, nice Universal Loung, pizza outside, better balconies and larger rooms.

I'm paying more to go on the Coral but I don't care - the ship means alot to hubby and me. Glad I made the switch.

Who is going October 25, 2005????

carol in connecticut

Archived