Is this cutting it too close??

PrincessMelody

I would say you cutting it close. What airport are flying from? Fort Lauderdale, for example, is a zoo when more than one ship is in port. I heard Miami is the same way. I wouldn't book anything before noon. Why stress yourself out when you have just returned from a fabulous cruise?

Thanks for the quick replies! It is Fort Lauderdale that we're flying out of. You're right, I don't want to sweat making that flight...I guess we will have to look into some kind of excursion. Any suggestions to kill a few hours? (It will just be me and the hubby) THANKS!!:)

It will be tight but is possible if there are no delays getting off the ship.

Last May I had a 10:30 flight and was sitting at the gate at 8:45. One of the advantages is you get through the airport ahead of the masses so there are no lines.

Scott

It's possible to make it but not a guarantee. The last two times that I've disembarked at Port Everglades, the ship didn't start the embarkation process until after 9 or 9:30AM. And then it was a zoo trying to get a cab or transportation to the airport. I think that's cutting it too close since you never know whether there might be a hold-up in the disembarkation.

Trinity, if you go to Princess' site check excursions/caribbean/fort lauderdale, there are several listed. One is a tour and paddleboat ride, another an airboat everglade tour, and another you get to see flamingos. What's nice is that your luggage is loaded on the bus ( and your one of the first off the ship -good and bad), and they drop you off at the terminal with plenty of time to spare.

We usually have a noon flight and have never gotten to the airport after 9:00AM.I would keep the earlier flight and take the later flight if detained.Be sure to bring a sweater or jacket to the airport as it is air conditioned beyond comfortable.

Last cruise we had an 11:15am flight out of FLL and were a bit worried all week about making it. Talked to the pursers office and our luggage was amongst the first off. We walked thru, got our luggage, hailed a cab and were at the airport shortly after 9am. Flew home and early afternoon got off the plane and out into our c-c-c-cold Canadian climate. This year we booked a later flight. Will take our time enjoying the Saturday morning instead of rushing and worrying. And we will take a leisurely tour in the nice (we hope) Florida sun.

Either way you will be OK. How could you not be after enjoying your cruise....

Archived