Airfare from Anchorage to ORD

ArtM

I don't think this is posted anywhere else, but Alaska Airlines has some interesting prices for 2010 flights from Anchorage to Chicago O'Hare.

In particular, there are many days when the 8 AM non-stop (arriving around 4:45 PM) is available for $250. Based on most of the other prices I was seeing that is a very good deal. Randomly, that fare is available at other times of the day.

It is obviously a good deal for someone from Chicago, but it worked for me in Buffalo, NY because I was able to combine it with a low cost United flight into Buffalo. Yes, I did allow 4+ hours in Chicago since we will probably have to change terminals and might not be able to check our luggage through - that probably won't be known until we check in in Anchorage.

So, if one's cruise plans include arranging their own flights home from Anchorage, and if a reasonable connection from O'Hare to the home airport is available, take a look at that flight.

Art

I don't think this is posted anywhere else, but Alaska Airlines has some interesting prices for 2010 flights from Anchorage to Chicago O'Hare.

In particular, there are many days when the 8 AM non-stop (arriving around 4:45 PM) is available for $250. Based on most of the other prices I was seeing that is a very good deal. Randomly, that fare is available at other times of the day.

It is obviously a good deal for someone from Chicago, but it worked for me in Buffalo, NY because I was able to combine it with a low cost United flight into Buffalo. Yes, I did allow 4+ hours in Chicago since we will probably have to change terminals and might not be able to check our luggage through - that probably won't be known until we check in in Anchorage.

So, if one's cruise plans include arranging their own flights home from Anchorage, and if a reasonable connection from O'Hare to the home airport is available, take a look at that flight.

Art

That is a very good price and most likely a result of Alaska Airlines annual PDF sale. Jump on it while you can, as the PDF sales generally are over by November.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1067762

The best fare is the $99 companion fare if you have an Alaska Air VISA card. Sign up for the card, and ANY ticket you book, you can buy a 2nd one for $99 (once/year).

The best fare is the $99 companion fare if you have an Alaska Air VISA card. Sign up for the card, and ANY ticket you book, you can buy a 2nd one for $99 (once/year).

True, if you want another Visa, but you also have to factor in the $75 yearly fee for this Visa, so makes the companion $174. I use this Visa exclusively because I use my Alaskan miles all the time. But for someone who gets a better Visa deal this is not the be all and end all for everyone. The $75/year fee is also a factor. When the companion was $50 even better.

Archived