Sail N Sail Cards

cpacheco212121

Ok so i was readimg the post about how the SS cards will change b/c people are complaining about how it does not show off there cruise status....Why the hell are people concerned about there status when you are on vacation on a beautiful Carnival Cruise ship and great ports. It just does not make sence to me. The only thing the card is used for is opening ur door and paying for drinks..Who cares what color it is!!!

Please tell me ur thoughts on this!!

They have already changed and the folks at Carnival adopted the suggestion of one of our Cruise Critic member for the design.

The complaint was that it was nearly impossible to discern the difference between the gold and platinum cards. Most people, not all, enjoy displaying their loyalty to Carnival.

Additionally, passengers often look to more experienced cruisers for information and suggestions and the cards, if displayed, are a great way to locate knowledgeable cruisers.

Personally, I don't wear my S&S card on a lanyard, I carry it in my pocket.

:)

This is so silly. A status thing on a Carnival cruise...a mass market cruiseline, I don't think so. The staff could care less about your status as a loyal Carnival cruiser, as busy as they are I'm sure all they see is more work. I'm a Carnival cruiser but I couldn't care less about the color of the card .

first off sorry about the typo in the title ..I guess thas what happenes when you are up all night watching the whole season 1 of True Blood :D

Secondly, So it is a staus thing just like everything else in life. I just find it odd that when i read post by the platinum cruisers they have a certin "something,something" about them. maybe it is just me:confused:

This is so silly. A status thing on a Carnival cruise...a mass market cruiseline, I don't think so. The staff could care less about your status as a loyal Carnival cruiser, as busy as they are I'm sure all they see is more work. I'm a Carnival cruiser but I couldn't care less about the color of the card .

For some I'm sure it's a status thing but I don't think that the fact that it's on a Carnival ship, mass market, has anything to do with it.

Royal, Holland, Celebrity, NCL, Princess... all mass market...

I DO know that the staff recognizes the difference in the color of the cards and seem to be more comfortable with experienced cruisers vs. 'bluies'...

As I mentioned, I don't wear my S&S on a lanyard, it stays in my pocket but I enjoy talking to the crew about the other ships I've sailed on, where and when and my S&S card often sparks those conversations.

Bottom line... some folks could care less about the cards and that's fine but a far larger percentage do care and they shouldn't be belittled because of it...

platinum, gold or a newbie, status should make no difference to the staff. all passengers should be treated the same. personally i don't care what color my card is and if i were treated any differently than a platinum member i would be a little upset. i have cruised 5 times now and i have no idea how many cruises it takes to have platinum status.

if it makes some people happy to display their "status" then so be it. personally i would want to be treated right based on my personalityand how i treat others, not the number of times i have cruised.

It is simply a way for Carnival to reward repeat customers. It is nice to be reconized by Carnival employees as a repeat customer. The first time one said "Welcome back" I thought how did they know this was not my first time on board. I really did not know anything about the difference in the cards at the time. I am still looking forward to Platinum status, not for the different card but for some of the perks (free wash). Carnival changing the cards back to different colors is just good customer service and speaks well of Carnival for doing so. CC may be only 1% of the cruise industry passangers but it is a very vocal group and is listened to by Carnival.

It is simply a way for Carnival to reward repeat customers. It is nice to be reconized by Carnival employees as a repeat customer. The first time one said "Welcome back" I thought how did they know this was not my first time on board. I really did not know anything about the difference in the cards at the time. I am still looking forward to Platinum status, not for the different card but for some of the perks (free wash). Carnival changing the cards back to different colors is just good customer service and speaks well of Carnival for doing so. CC may be only 1% of the cruise industry passangers but it is a very vocal group and is listened to by Carnival.

You're exactly right and not only are we vocal we're the most loyal and generally the most experienced, regardless of line.

Carnival and RCCL both have people who's job it is to read these boards and report back so there really is a remarkable amount of influence generated by these forums...

first off sorry about the typo in the title ..I guess thas what happenes when you are up all night watching the whole season 1 of True Blood :D

Secondly, So it is a staus thing just like everything else in life. I just find it odd that when i read post by the platinum cruisers they have a certin "something,something" about them. maybe it is just me:confused:

Sorry to go off topic, but True Blood is just as addicting as cruising!! :D

For some I'm sure it's a status thing but I don't think that the fact that it's on a Carnival ship, mass market, has anything to do with it.

Royal, Holland, Celebrity, NCL, Princess... all mass market...

I DO know that the staff recognizes the difference in the color of the cards and seem to be more comfortable with experienced cruisers vs. 'bluies'...

As I mentioned, I don't wear my S&S on a lanyard, it stays in my pocket but I enjoy talking to the crew about the other ships I've sailed on, where and when and my S&S card often sparks those conversations.

Bottom line... some folks could care less about the cards and that's fine but a far larger percentage do care and they shouldn't be belittled because of it...

I agree Mach

As long as my card works.. who cares...But for those who do- they should not be belittled for their opinions..But I still feel there are not many perks for those who are so loyal to Carnival....

It is my understanding that Carnival now owns Princess and Holland America. Do you think that they will include cruises on those lines in the past cruise count? Maybe combine them for the frequent cruise "club"....:confused:

It is my understanding that Carnival now owns Princess and Holland America. Do you think that they will include cruises on those lines in the past cruise count? Maybe combine them for the frequent cruise "club"....:confused:
Carnival Corporation also owns Cunard, Costa, and Seabourn. You can use these interchangeably for past guest discounts, but not for your "status".

Under the Carnival Corporation umbrella, you have different companies. Each is independant of the others. It has been this seperation that keeps them unique and targeting different clientele.

So I dont see the benefits or cruise counts being combined. Now the one thing that does happen is that you can get past guest pricing.

Dave

Carnival Corporation also owns Cunard, Costa, and Seabourn. You can use these interchangeably for past guest discounts, but not for your "status".

I used to get $100 Carnival Cruise Coupons from my Chase Mastercard Rewards program, But Princess wouldn't accept them for their line.

Under the Carnival Corporation umbrella, you have different companies. Each is independant of the others. It has been this seperation that keeps them unique and targeting different clientele.

So I dont see the benefits or cruise counts being combined. Now the one thing that does happen is that you can get past guest pricing.

Dave

yea.. I don't think there is much more than that....

http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/

Have not read this link recently, so I don't know if much has changed...:)

The staff does recognize platinum status.........as far as more work? Not sure what that means......

When you get there you will see for yourself........

Fyi, it's "Sign and Sail" card, and it's a status thing, like karate belts :)

FYI..... It is "Sail and Sign", not Sign and Sail.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_sail_and_sign_boardingcard.aspx

Didn't want you to give out incorrect information. ;)

My opinion on the card issue is this. I like the new design. Do I care what color it is? Nope. I can't even tell you what other people's cards looked like on my last cruise which was my first cruise.

Archived