New Beverage Program starts 10/18

felixdacat

If you like wine I suggest bring your own. Celebrity prices are nuts. I brought 5 bottles of wine onto the ship with me in July. They decanted each bottle for me over 5 nights. I had 3 bottles of vintage Bordeaux and they were simply out of this world!

I phoned Celebrity to see if I could get any further information about this and I was just told that there is no confirmation that this program will roll out on October 18 09 :(

All I can tell you is that the text that I used in my OP was a cut and paste from an email that I received from Celebrity. I have no reason to doubt its authenticity.

The packages were first discussed in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...ght=newsletter

The wording in the Captain's Club newsletter is as follows:

"Being relaxed on vacation means enjoying the convenience

of prearranging your preferences, such as beverages,

prior to setting sail. And thanks to a new capability

coming later this year from CelebrityCruises.com,

we’re bringing that one step closer. Starting in late 2009,

you’ll be able to go online and choose from a number of

different pre-paid beverage packages, including Unlimited

Bottled Water, Unlimited Fountain Sodas, Unlimited

Bottled Beer, and Unlimited Frozen Drinks, as well as

assorted wine and mixed-drink packages. So once you

set sail, you can just sit back, relax, and enjoy a vacation

experience that’s all about you."

Other than that announcement, Celebrity has been playing it very close to the vest concerning these packages. Why? My guess is that once the packages become available the nitpicking begins. "The prices are too high...Celebrity is greedy and ripping off their guests." "The prices are too low. Celebrity is encouraging public intoxification and it won't be too long till it turns into a Carnival clone." "The packages don't give you enough choices." "The packages give you too many choices." Etc.

Personally, I like Celebrity's alcohol policies. I think allowing two bottles of wine per stateroom is very admirable. And just the fact that they are having these new packages is a very positive step.

FX

If you like wine I suggest bring your own. Celebrity prices are nuts. I brought 5 bottles of wine onto the ship with me in July. They decanted each bottle for me over 5 nights. I had 3 bottles of vintage Bordeaux and they were simply out of this world!

I thought we were limited to two. If you do get more than two on board, say 2 in each persons luggage, will they just charge you corkage for each bottle, regardless of how many? It seems that with a limit of two per room, they would know you had more than the limit by the extra corkage fees.

There will not be any new packages available until the 18th.

If you would like more details, search for beverage packages or Captains Newsletter.

The original announcement was in the Captains Newsletter back in April. Celebrity is going to make available several unlimited beverage packages which can be ordered online. This will include mixed drinks, beer, and wine, likely in separate packages.

The old packages you see will be history in 4 days.

FX

Hi

I rang Celebrity today, and they denied that they were bringing out any new beverage packages. I'ts like the secret service!!

I rang Celebrity today, and they denied that they were bringing out any new beverage packages. I'ts like the secret service!!

I wouldn't sweat it too much. Just call back. Eventually, someone will say something that you're expecting to hear. It's been my experience that there could be significant communication improvements at the company, and that just because one group is cooking up something and telling people about it, they're not communicating it internally so there's a consistent answer.

Now if I don't have a tab showing up on Monday morning that lets me pay $10.50* per day (or, okay, $11, but that's as high as I'll go!) to be able to have someone squirt Tanqueray into my mouth whenever I demand it, THEN we can call for heads on pikes! :D

* Plus 15% service charge

If i use the Link from the OP i see all prices in Euro (ok, i be in germany).

Can someone please give me the prices in US $ for Red Wine Peter Lehmann Shiraz and Vodka Smirnoff?

Thanks

The Smirnoff Vodka package is $80 USD and the Peter Lehmann Shiraz is $36 USD. The Vodka package includes 6 cans of soda (cola, sprite, etc.) and also a nice box of specialty nuts.

I can´t see a new programm on there webpage?!?:(

there is a 'supposedly new' programme listed for our cruise on Millie on Dec 18th for unlimited soda, speciality water and a couple of wine programmes.

I am told by Celebrity that unlimited frozen drinks and unlimited beer packages are hoped to be rolled out of Nov 15th for cruising after that date.

It is obviously being kept 'secret' so it is a case of watch their site if you are cruising after 15/11 !!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see them on the "My Celebrity", "Manage my reservations" window for my upcoming cruises - it is a tab at the top. They show as "no inventory available" for my cruises, so I can not see the pricing, but they are there.

It looks like three programs: The Soda Card program, I've never gotten this so I don't know if there are any changes or not but it looks the same to me. A bottled water program: looks just like the soda card program and looks like it would only be applicable to bars and dining areas - and not your stateroom so that doesn't appeal to me. Also looks like they are putting the wine packages that have inconsistently been offered on many cruises of the past year on there. Ant that is all that is up now. Again - no prices nor further details yet - just the framework of the pages and offerings.

There will not be any new packages available until the 18th.

If you would like more details, search for beverage packages or Captains Newsletter.

The original announcement was in the Captains Newsletter back in April. Celebrity is going to make available several unlimited beverage packages which can be ordered online. This will include mixed drinks, beer, and wine, likely in separate packages.

The old packages you see will be history in 4 days.

FX

You are correct,

I am not sure hat this link is for??? The link does not show the new "all you can Drink" Packages for wine, spirits, frozen drinks etc as per the captins club newsletter last spring. I am confused by this thread now?

All I can tell you is that the text that I used in my OP was a cut and paste from an email that I received from Celebrity. I have no reason to doubt its authenticity.

The packages were first discussed in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...ght=newsletter

The wording in the Captain's Club newsletter is as follows:

"Being relaxed on vacation means enjoying the convenience

of prearranging your preferences, such as beverages,

prior to setting sail. And thanks to a new capability

coming later this year from CelebrityCruises.com,

we’re bringing that one step closer. Starting in late 2009,

you’ll be able to go online and choose from a number of

different pre-paid beverage packages, including Unlimited

Bottled Water, Unlimited Fountain Sodas, Unlimited

Bottled Beer, and Unlimited Frozen Drinks, as well as

assorted wine and mixed-drink packages. So once you

set sail, you can just sit back, relax, and enjoy a vacation

experience that’s all about you."

Other than that announcement, Celebrity has been playing it very close to the vest concerning these packages. Why? My guess is that once the packages become available the nitpicking begins. "The prices are too high...Celebrity is greedy and ripping off their guests." "The prices are too low. Celebrity is encouraging public intoxification and it won't be too long till it turns into a Carnival clone." "The packages don't give you enough choices." "The packages give you too many choices." Etc.

Personally, I like Celebrity's alcohol policies. I think allowing two bottles of wine per stateroom is very admirable. And just the fact that they are having these new packages is a very positive step.

FX

I agree! byt we are looking forward to the packages for our March Cruise

Archived