New Beverage Program starts 10/18

felixdacat

I just received the following reply from my inquiry concerning the Captain's Newsletter announcement from last spring about new Beverage packages that can be ordered online.

Thank you for your inquiry. Below is the link to Gifts by Celebrity, you can purchase packages there, keep in mind that on October 18 the new beverage program will be launched, you will be able to find the link on the homepage under "Manage your Reservation" section, from the homepage, scroll down to this section, click on Browse Beverage Packages and you will be able to navigate to the pages. Please let me know if I could be of further assistance. Thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises, Inc.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/bonvoyage/viewCategory.do?cat=SPIRIT

Are these liters or 750 ml? and does the "package" include mixers and/or snacks?

Package includes one bottle of Dewars White Label Scotch, 6 cans of soda and our Premium Salty Snack Collection of peanuts, cashews and pistachios.

looks like 750 ML bottles of booze

Package includes one bottle of Dewars White Label Scotch, 6 cans of soda and our Premium Salty Snack Collection of peanuts, cashews and pistachios.

looks like 750 ML bottles of booze

750ml for sure but this link is for the existing package, I think the op is telling us this will change or be added to on Oct. 18. Speculation has been a drink package is coming, maybe just in time for me. Happy cruising

There isn't any discount when ordering wine for the cruise through the website.The prices are the same as onboard ship.When we sailed RCL last fall on EOS we were able to order wine at a small discount per bottle as compred to the price if you were to buy it on board.I contacted Celebrity last week with regards to this and i was told that they will be coming out with a package for wine at the end of the year.

There will not be any new packages available until the 18th.

If you would like more details, search for beverage packages or Captains Newsletter.

The original announcement was in the Captains Newsletter back in April. Celebrity is going to make available several unlimited beverage packages which can be ordered online. This will include mixed drinks, beer, and wine, likely in separate packages.

The old packages you see will be history in 4 days.

FX

OK, slip of the tongue, er, keyboard. Substitute room, cabin, stateroom, brig, any other term for on board dwelling in place of "suite". Sheeesh! Aren't we a bit sensitive today? The question remains as posed with that correction.

I would assume that bottles would remain available for purchase (and subsequent consumption) in any place of voluntary temporary domicile. If you're sleeping in the lobby, they may take it away from you. If you're taken to the brig, I'm pretty sure that a glass bottle would be deemed a potential hazard, and would be confiscated. This goes double if the bottle was involved with why you found yourself in the brig in the first place!

Hi,

I was really excited about this as I was hoping it would be in place before our October 30 cruise.

I phoned Celebrity to see if I could get any further information about this and I was just told that there is no confirmation that this program will roll out on October 18 09 :(

Yes, he or she is called a guard. I doubt they are in a Tuxedo though... :D

As I understand, it's quite a posh way to sail. You have a completely private dining room, single seating and everything. You are free to completely flaunt formal night regulations, dressing up as much or as little as you care to. All of your shore excursions are planned for you, and are similarly tended to as your stateroom. Best of all, you don't have to worry about chair hogs! The room sizes tend to be a bit small, and the activities schedule is somewhat rigorously planned, so some folks may not enjoy those aspects of it.

They've been rolling this concept out on land also. Typically, you need to be specially selected to stay in these all inclusive resorts, though people may do things that increase their chances. All meals, beverages, transportation, and housing is included. Best of all, it's completely free to guests!

Archived