Oops! Help Please.CB-B751, reserved an aft obstructed

aquablu1

Hi, I have realized from your wonderful forums that the aft cabin that I just reserved with my TA is obstructed. What should I do now? Any suggestions would be wonderful! Thank you all.:confused:

I am sure for the added cost of a non-obstructed cabin they will change the cabin.

Never known of not being able to pay for getting as better cabin. The TA should be happy since more commision.

Check out the thread below. A fellow CC'er by the name of 'Flvol77' put together an amazingly helpful visual where they marked the aft cabins and the CB is one of them. Also, if you scroll through the posts, look at #4 as there is a photo looking out of the room onto the balcony that shows the beam in B750/B751. It may help you decide if you want to switch cabins.

Hope this helps and good luck!:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=808951&highlight=e735&page=10

Which ship/cabin are you booked in? Is it listed as obstructed on the deck plan?

Usually, Cruise lines lines cabins as "obstructed" when there is something

blocking a good bit of your view. Some times on Cruise Critic, the phrase is defined differently Like having a balcony cabin where you look straight down, and see a lifeboat instead of the ocean. But since there is nothing blocking your view straight out; it's not "obstructed".

Aloha,

John

The view is not that obstructed. It is a beam that partially blocks your view but there is room to sit in front of this beam for a complete aft view. If you got a good price I would suggest keeping this cabin. If you decide to change your cabin then do some research because there are other Baja deck balcony cabins that have issues with a noisy vent.

Don't worry about causing problems by changing. Your TA is used to doing this all the time. That's what they do. One last note.....the TA may not know about this cabin, they can't know every detail of every ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone! I did make the cabin change with my TA. It is obstructed and it was the same price as a better balcony on Caribe deck. TA said she knew it was obstructed, but thought it would be ok.

I found out through the message boards that it would not be my first choice.

Just thought I would pass on my experience to others.

I so appreciate all the amazing help and advice posted here. This is our very first cruise and I have learned so much here. Thanks again. I hope I can offer information when I have the experience to be useful.

Can't wait for February and the Caribbean:)

Pam

There are varying opinions on how 'bad' the obstruction is; it's a very personal thing. In OP's case, they chose to go to a side balcony instead of taking the beam. For some people, half of the wake is better than no wake at all. For others, no beam is better than the wake.

For anyone else wondering what the view looks like from that cabin....click to enlarge and go to an album with numerous angles of the balcony.

2925550990014545039iOUKSo_th.jpg

Archived