Back from the Sky 10/9-10/12

familyof4cruising

We just got back from the Sky. I will admit I am not a fan of smaller ships, BUT the Sky I love! Virginia the concierge is amazing! This cruise was excellent. We stayed in the Ritz Carlton South Beach last night and I can say that suite life VIP treatment on NCL compares to the luxury of the Ritz.

If you have any questions...I will be very happy to help.

I think someone wanted me to compare the Imagination with the Sky...well there is no comparison the Sky wins! Last Columbus day weekend I was on the Imagination and I can say NCL has a better product.

Nice to hear, I was on the SKY last February and really did enjoy it. Living in Florida really does have its advantages considering all the last minute deals available during these tough economic times. :D

If I lived in FL I would be on a weekend cruise once a month! Alot of Floridians on our cruise. We do not have that luxury in NY.

We just got back from the Sky. I will admit I am not a fan of smaller ships, BUT the Sky I love! Virginia the concierge is amazing! This cruise was excellent. We stayed in the Ritz Carlton South Beach last night and I can say that suite life VIP treatment on NCL compares to the luxury of the Ritz. quote]

I had Virginia as my concierge when I was on the Sun! I had heard she was on the Sky but when I went in September - no Virginia. The concierge we had said she was had gotten married to a crew member on the Dawn! He also said that she was transferring to the Dawn for her next contract. I'm booked in a suite 10/2010 and I hope she's there!

I also enjoyed the Sky and can't wait to cruise her again!

NayRN

We just got back from the Sky. I will admit I am not a fan of smaller ships, BUT the Sky I love! Virginia the concierge is amazing! This cruise was excellent. We stayed in the Ritz Carlton South Beach last night and I can say that suite life VIP treatment on NCL compares to the luxury of the Ritz. quote]

I had Virginia as my concierge when I was on the Sun! I had heard she was on the Sky but when I went in September - no Virginia. The concierge we had said she was had gotten married to a crew member on the Dawn! He also said that she was transferring to the Dawn for her next contract. I'm booked in a suite 10/2010 and I hope she's there!

I also enjoyed the Sky and can't wait to cruise her again!

NayRN

She didn't say when she was leaving. I will be on the Dawn in August, but not in a suite. Hopefully she remembers me! ;)

You will have a great time. I hope you have the amazing weather we had.

FINALLY!! Someone has returned from a three nighter on the Sky!! It's not that I don't love reading about everyone's experiences, but with the extra day I feel like if I ask questions about dining or activities, things might be different on the shorter cruise.

I'm so glad to hear you loved it. If I lived in FL I'd be there with you on the weekend cruises once a month!!

Now... on to my questions!!!

First, and I hope you don't mind taking a moment... if you look at the menus at this link:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/567227133OsfzQd

Did you have three out of four of these menus while you were on the Sky, some of them, three completely different menus, or... ? I can't decide if I want to try LeBistro on this one, so knowing what I will or won't be missing in the MDR would be helpful.

Also, were there 'dress up or not' and White Hot Party nights? Do you remember which nights they were? How about Quest?

THANKS!!!! :)

Is Rich Purpura still the comedian? He was funny!

Sorry...I never went to the comedian...I didn't have my kids so we enjoyed the company of our friends and had LONG dinners and never made it to any of the main shows.

FINALLY!! Someone has returned from a three nighter on the Sky!! It's not that I don't love reading about everyone's experiences, but with the extra day I feel like if I ask questions about dining or activities, things might be different on the shorter cruise.

I'm so glad to hear you loved it. If I lived in FL I'd be there with you on the weekend cruises once a month!!

First, and I hope you don't mind taking a moment... if you look at the menus at this link:

Did you have three out of four of these menus while you were on the Sky, some of them, three completely different menus, or... ? I can't decide if I want to try LeBistro on this one, so knowing what I will or won't be missing in the MDR would be helpful.

Also, were there 'dress up or not' and White Hot Party nights? Do you remember which nights they were? How about Quest?

We ate at Cagneys on Friday, in the MDR for Lobster night on Saturday and Le Bistro on Sunday. I wouldn't miss Le Bistro or Cagneys! Looking forward to February to getting the mushroom soup in the bread, the escargot and the oysters. Sorry I never looked at the MDR menus when we ate at the Specialty Restaurants.

Quest was on Sunday night at 10:15. The Hot White party was on Saturday at the pool.

Sorry...I never went to the comedian...I didn't have my kids so we enjoyed the company of our friends and had LONG dinners and never made it to any of the main shows.

We ate at Cagneys on Friday, in the MDR for Lobster night on Saturday and Le Bistro on Sunday. I wouldn't miss Le Bistro or Cagneys! Looking forward to February to getting the mushroom soup in the bread, the escargot and the oysters. Sorry I never looked at the MDR menus when we ate at the Specialty Restaurants.

Quest was on Sunday night at 10:15. The Hot White party was on Saturday at the pool.

Thanks, that was fast!!

..this will be my first time on NCL...always been a Carnival fan...I'm REAL excited..this will also be my friend's very first cruise.....my question- is there a restaurant that cooks at your table "Benihana's" style? I think I've seen that in a promo for the ship but wasnt sure..thx for your help! I CANT WAIT!!!

Thanks, that was fast!!

Have a great cruise!

..this will be my first time on NCL...always been a Carnival fan...I'm REAL excited..this will also be my friend's very first cruise.....my question- is there a restaurant that cooks at your table "Benihana's" style? I think I've seen that in a promo for the ship but wasnt sure..thx for your help! I CANT WAIT!!!

No there isn't that type on the Sky...I think the Sky was built proir to Freestyle. You will just have to go on another NCL cruise to get that.;)

The Sky is a great intro for you and your friend with NCL. I sailed Carnival this August out of NYC ( because I didnt want to do the same NCL ship 3 years in a row)...and wasn't happy with my cruise at all. I think you will be very happy with Freestyle and NCL- Have a great cruise!

Nice to hear, I was on the SKY last February and really did enjoy it. Living in Florida really does have its advantages considering all the last minute deals available during these tough economic times. :D

I will be on the Sky next February and was wondering what I can possibly expect the temp to be during that time. How was the weather for your Feb. cruise?

I will be on the Sky next February and was wondering what I can possibly expect the temp to be during that time. How was the weather for your Feb. cruise?

We cruise every February. We have had from 60 to 85 in Miami. We usually cruise to the Caribbean not Bahamas, but you can expect from 68-85 in the Bahamas. It's hit or miss. It's always better than being home in snow!:D

We cruise every February. We have had from 60 to 85 in Miami. We usually cruise to the Caribbean not Bahamas, but you can expect from 68-85 in the Bahamas. It's hit or miss. It's always better than being home in snow!:D

Thanks. I can deal with that!!:)

White Hot Party was on Saturday night - late, like 11:00 p.m., take a nap; don't miss it!

Quest on Sunday; definitely don't miss that. Get there early -- I think, if I remember correctly:o it was in the ... well, can't remember exactly the name of the lounge, but it was forward on the 12th floor... Followed up by the toga party in Dazzlers!

White Hot Party was on Saturday night - late, like 11:00 p.m., take a nap; don't miss it!

Quest on Sunday; definitely don't miss that. Get there early -- I think, if I remember correctly:o it was in the ... well, can't remember exactly the name of the lounge, but it was forward on the 12th floor... Followed up by the toga party in Dazzlers!

I think it was in the Outrigger Lounge home of Karaoke...

I was on this cruise too. Rich showed his pics with the dolphin - very funny. I doubt he has been doing any crunches.

We thought the food was only so-so. Loved the pretzel rolls. The coffee was ok the first morning but terrible the last 2. And I am not a coffee snob.

Don't miss the white hot party - an absolute blast (well maybe the icebergs in the flashing glass had something to do with it! :rolleyes:) Matt the CD was great - he and his staff doing fountains was very cute.

Dining room staff in Crossings seemed very new and confused. Much better service in the Palace dining room. Wished I had known about the breakfast in the Italian restaurant.

Had a very fun afternoon at Senor Frogs in Nassau - take their advice and don't act your age. It is right next to the Straw Market if you need to buy trinkets for the folks at home.

Did the hike on Great Stirrup Cay - easy but not much to see. Be sure to time your trip over and back on the tenders. The line to go over to the island was up the stairs at 11 am.

We had an inside cabin and it was fine. Nothing special but clean and nice and dark to sleep. We had no idea what time it was every morning when we woke up.

Embarking and disembarking was a breeze. Nice welcome with a glass of sparkling wine.

Beware of the internet fee - make sure you fully log out or you will be charged. I had trouble printing out my boarding pass and there were only limited hours when the internet cafe manager was available. I thought he and the guy who runs gym were both very arrogant and rude. The rest of the staff was ok. Loved the waiters at the pool - struck up a great rapport and made us laugh.

Overall the price was good, the drinks were strong and the pool was hopping. Best Columbus Day weekend I've had in a long time!

Archived