EURO Cruise in 2011

vr58po1

Well:confused:, has anyone taken a euro cruise with NCL. looking to do a 7 or 9 day. Is there any where to get CHEAP plane fair over. There will be 5 adults going leaving from NYC. I priced out the cruise and it would be about $11,000 for 3 mini suits, but the airfare for 5 adults will run about $10,000 for 5 adults, to me that is crazy, its almost the price of the entire cruise. Has anyone done it a cheaper way... looking for ANY info on this. Would a EURO trip be worth $21,000 for 5 adults, or should we be looking to go somewhere else. We have done the Alaskan and the Canada/New England already with NCL and a Caribeanna with Princess.

And even if you could price the flights out, it shouldn't be close to $2000 per person (assuming you're traveling in coach from the continental U.S.).

Well:confused:, has anyone taken a euro cruise with NCL. looking to do a 7 or 9 day. Is there any where to get CHEAP plane fair over. There will be 5 adults going leaving from NYC. I priced out the cruise and it would be about $11,000 for 3 mini suits, but the airfare for 5 adults will run about $10,000 for 5 adults, to me that is crazy, its almost the price of the entire cruise. Has anyone done it a cheaper way... looking for ANY info on this. Would a EURO trip be worth $21,000 for 5 adults, or should we be looking to go somewhere else. We have done the Alaskan and the Canada/New England already with NCL and a Caribeanna with Princess.

My friends and I were on the Gem in September...we flew direct from Newark to Barcelona on Continental. The cost per person was $711. I had been watching the airfare for months and finally booked in March which was almost the cheapest I had seen. It fluctuated from about $650 (April) to almost $1800 (the week before we left). I did notice the prices were a lot more expensive if you fly in the summer so keep that in mind.

We had 2 mini suites and the cost per cabin was only $3,100 which included trip insurance and a $150 per cabin OBC so shop around before you book.

It was the first time to the Med for 3 of us and it was worth every penny. Two of us just booked the Gem out of Venice to Croatia and Greece next October.

One trick you can try is two tickets. One round trip to Dublin and another to the cruise port. Reason being the low airport taxes in Dublin. The Irish airline has occasional very low prices to the continent. For example you can fly Dublin to Barcelone for 5.99 euros or about $10 US each way on Nov. 22 return Dec. 1 plus the airport taxes. This is less than $100 round trip. Currently round trip from NY to Dublin can be done for under $550. This is one cheap way to get to the Europe ports.

Archived