Forward cabin on the Summit

MartinsCruise

We have booked cabin 6001 at the very front of the ship for an eleven night cruise to the Caribbean. Has anyone had any experience with this location? We were hoping to have a good view of the ocean ahead of us but are now wondering whether the front of the ship on the lower levels will limit our view. If this is a problem, we may still have time to change cabins.

We were just in 7003 on the Summit in December. We did feel more movement in the cabin than we did on other parts of the ship, and one of the nights was so bad that we had cabinet doors opening and closing, things falling down, etc. Our tablemates, who were on Deck 3, didn't feel a thing.

Your view out the window will be the same as the "view" on your TV...we had more of a view of the helicopter pad than the ocean, and I would imagine that being further down would further limit your view of the ocean. We were also asked every night to shut our drapes when we had the lights on because it bothered the folks on the bridge. (Similar to driving with your interior light on.)

Also, while we LOVED the extra space in the room (I realize that your particular room isn't one of the oddly shaped ones in the front), it is a LONG walk "home" every time we wanted to go back to the room. (Though nice that the theatre is also forward, so you only have a flight of stairs or two to head back to the room at the end of the evening.)

We have 7003 booked for march 12 2006 cruise to hawaii on the summit. We took this over a balcony because there will be 3 adults in the room and it looks at least twice as much space as a regular balcony or O/V. Could you comment on t he layout and how spacious it felt?

We are concerned about the amount of movement especially in the Pacific, but DH says this is better than being cramped in a cabin. None of us are seasick prone.

What is the bedding configuration like for the 3rd person. What is the comfort level of the beds like on the Summit?

Thanks

We were on Summit 11/15/2004 and found the beds to be wonderful. We didn't ask for anything other than what we found. The two twin beds which were pushed together had a pad of sorts covering both beds and there was no dip in the center. We were in 6093 a 2C.

We have 7003 booked for march 12 2006 cruise to hawaii on the summit. We took this over a balcony because there will be 3 adults in the room and it looks at least twice as much space as a regular balcony or O/V. Could you comment on t he layout and how spacious it felt?

We are concerned about the amount of movement especially in the Pacific, but DH says this is better than being cramped in a cabin. None of us are seasick prone.

What is the bedding configuration like for the 3rd person. What is the comfort level of the beds like on the Summit?

Thanks

Some friends of ours were in a balcony room, and their room was laid out as a rectangle - when you walked into their room, the bathroom was on the left, then you walked straight ahead, the bed was on the left, then the couch, then the balcony at the end of the "rectangle".

I think I saw somewhere that the oddly configured cabins are about 50 square feet bigger...I think that sounds about right. Definitely not twice the size though. When you walked into our room, the bathroom was on the left, the closet straight ahead, and then you have to turn left to get to the bed, couch and vanity. We had almost more open floor space in front of the couch (which directly faced the window - facing forward, then the bed was next to that, and the vanity was on the side wall) than they probably had in their entire room. We were never tripping over each other - it would be a great cabin for three people, although the only thing I would be concerned about is the closet space...especially for a longer cruise. The couch converts into a bed for the third person.

I was at the beginning of my second trimester of pregnancy on the cruise, and very prone to leg cramps, so I asked our cabin steward for some extra mattress pads on the first night, and we had about two inches of padding added, so we were VERY comfortable. :)

On regular days, the movement wasn't that bad. It was worse than being mid-ship, which is normal for any ship...there was only one night of REALLY rough seas. My husband is in the Navy and always swears that he can't feel any movement, and I am pregnant and prone to seasickness, so I could feel EVERY movement, so take any comments from me on that subject with a grain of salt.

Just don't forget to close those drapes at night, because you WILL get a phone call or a knock on your door if you don't! :) If this cabin was available, I probably would book it again, because the extra space was very, very nice. (Once you get into your room, and then you catch a glimpse of the size of a regular room, you will be happy you are in the room you are in!)

Hope that helps!

We booked a cruise on the Infinity for April of 2006 (10-day SF to SF) and thought we would try one of these odd shaped cabins (7003). We usually book balconies, but we're worried about our young daughter being out there. Does anyone have any pictures of one of these cabins?

Archived