Northeast Airfare

vski21

I have been reading all of the posts in many different forum's for several months now, however, this is my first thread. I am searching for airfare from Binghamton; Rochester; Buffalo or Syracuse on 2/13/09. I am sailing from the Port of Miami on the 14th so it really doesn't matter if I fly into Ft. Lauderdale or Miami.

I have searched all of the major airlines plus Airtran; Southwest and JetBlue. I have also looked at Expedia, Orbitz, Kayak etc... I have been looking almost every day for the past six months and I can't seem to find anything reasonable. All the rates seem to be between $500.00 and $1500.00 per person. As a back-up I have air booked through Carnival, but I only have until December 1st to try and find cheaper airfare (Carnival is charging me $2300.00 for 4 people including taxes).

So, I am hoping that any of you can tell me, "am I missing something"? Everyone seems to find great deals, but I am having no such luck. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to all of your reply"s.

You are missing the fact that a lot of schools in the US are taking their mid-winter break during that next week. Kids out of school = lots of families on vacation = lower fare buckets already sold out.

I am guessing that you may not find fares much lower than you are seeing now, but $2300 for four people seems awfully high. I think even now you can do better yourself. Try this webpage for searches (it won't show Southwest or Jet Blue):

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/prego

There are a couple things that contribute to high fares:

1) Valentines day

2) Presidents Day

3) Someplace warm in the winter

I found Cleveland, OH > Palm Beach, FL for $293 (I'm not sure how you feel about to driving to Cleveland in the winter to get a low airfare.)

Archived