What are the perks of a mini suite?

Santyclaws

There is normally a line for Balcony and minisuites, but often Latitudes might be better or if you are disabled there is a line for that too which is the shortest and is boarded right after the Suite guests.

Balcony's and minsuites get to eat in the second dining room for breakfast not sure about lunch and this is on most ships, though some say that it has stopped recently on some. You get a hotline to the front desk and you get to make specialty reservations 48 hours in advance. That is about it. but so do balconies.

There is normally a line for Balcony and minisuites, but often Latitudes might be better or if you are disabled there is a line for that too which is the shortest and is boarded right after the Suite guests.

Balcony's and minsuites get to eat in the second dining room for breakfast not sure about lunch and this is on most ships, though some say that it has stopped recently on some. You get a hotline to the front desk and you get to make specialty reservations 48 hours in advance. That is about it. but so do balconies.

There was never a separate dining room for lunch. It was breakfast only, and only on some ships. It was not done, at least when we have cruised, (simply because it wasn't needed to relieve congestion) on the newest Jewel-class ships that have a Great Outdoors buffet aft of the main indoor buffet. Some recent passengers on the Dawn, which used to offer the separate breakfast room in the Aqua MDR have reported it is no longer being done.

Knock that up a notch and get them a real suite. They deserve it and the perks are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

No perks on a mini....maybe a fruit basket. NCL does suite perks the best...go for it!!!!!!!!

That's a lovely idea, but we have no clue as to whether it's an option financially. NCL sure does a fabulous job with suite perks, but the difference in fare between a mini-suite and a basic penthouse suite can be quite significant. Certainly they do deserve it, but I'd hate for Santyclaws to feel bad about them having "only" a mini-suite (which is a nice cabin to be sure).

I'm wondering if anyone knows what the cost is if we order in suite dining from the specialty restaurants? We are staying in a courtyard villa, will we be charged for each restaurant we order from?

Thanks.

Yes, you will be charged the regular dinner surcharge (per person) if you order through your butler for en suite dining/delivery.

As an FYI (in case you don't know already): Full suites have special breakfast and lunch dining, which is complimentary. You can have that in the special dining venue (generally the small side Cagney's room) or served in the Courtyard (only for A4, A3, AA, A2, and A1 categories; AE through AB do not have access to the Courtyard). I don't know if Cagney's breakfast and lunch is available for room service in the AE through AB suites, but it might be. (I know some of this information doesn't apply for you because you are in a CV, but I didn't want someone cruising in an AE to think, "Cool; We can have breakfast delivered in the Courtyard..." and then find out they cannot because they have no access to the Courtyard at all.)

Have a wonderful time. We thoroughly enjoyed our CV experience.

beachchick

I don't know if Cagney's breakfast and lunch is available for room service in the AE through AB suites, but it might be. (I know some of this information doesn't apply for you because you are in a CV, but I didn't want someone cruising in an AE to think, "Cool; We can have breakfast delivered in the Courtyard..." and then find out they cannot because they have no access to the Courtyard at all.)beachchick

Yes, you can order breakfast and lunch from Cagneys for in-suite dining in the AB. We order breakfast from Cagney's nearly every morning. The crab eggs benedict is to die for!

it is just a soap bowl with a banana, apple, orange in it for each of you.

For me, the full tub in the minisuite was a real perk! No fruit basket on the Gem in May, although I had heard there would be one.

Either way, it's a great cabin on a great ship! Enjoy!

I was hoping for more perks, mostly the priority embarkation, but oh well....

I wasn't asking for me, I was asking for my parents. They will be celebrating their 50th anniversary on the Gem!

We were on the Gem Oct 1 and we walked right on. No need for any perks. Got there about noon and no wait. We had a mini-suite and I prefer a shower without the bathtub.

We recently enjoyed an AB Suite on Majesty.

The tub is nice as it contains shower water in rolling seas.

We had priority embarkation and they put a glass of champagne in your hand before you leave the terminal. Someone carries your carry on bags aboard.

We enjoyed breakfast and lunch in the fee restaurant (Le Bistro) at no additional charge.

A daily afternoon snack was provided, in cabin.

Our concierge called during rough weather to see if we were okay.

We also had priority debarkation. As soon as we showed up, we were allowed to leave the ship.

We will miss Majesty and her wonderful crew when the ship leaves the NCL fleet soon.

:)

We had priority embarkation and they put a glass of champagne in your hand before you leave the terminal. Someone carries your carry on bags aboard.

We enjoyed breakfast and lunch in the fee restaurant (Le Bistro) at no additional charge.

We also had priority debarkation. As soon as we showed up, we were allowed to leave the ship.

We will miss Majesty and her wonderful crew when the ship leaves the NCL fleet soon.

That's nice and all but not a mini suite.

PS I will miss her too see my siggie

Um, they give everyone that glass of Champagne when you board IF you board at the prescribed time.

I will also miss the Majesty. Booked in the Spirit but not the same.

It was interesting to listen to the Epic online event the other day.

Andy S was discussing questions about cabins etc and he brought up the deluxe balconies and made the cross reference that these were the equivalent of minisuites on the rest of the fleet.

Sure would be nice if they would go back now and rename all the min suites as deluxe balconies on the next brochure printing to correct this marketing blunder/confusion creator,

Yes, you can order breakfast and lunch from Cagneys for in-suite dining in the AB. We order breakfast from Cagney's nearly every morning. The crab eggs benedict is to die for!

Thank you. I was hoping that was the case. We're usually in a balcony or mini-suite and have only had one suite experience (in a CV), so I didn't know. Those crab cakes benedict are indeed killer. We also grew quite fond of the fruits de mer en brioche (I think that was the name) and the french toast (heaven on a plate).

beachchick

Archived