Intercontinental West Miami Hotel

newport dave

We'll be staying there the night before our 22 Nov cruise.

What I want to know though, is whether the Walmart down the road sells alcohol eg:Vodka,Gin,Rum etc. if so how much is a bottle(incl all taxes).

Secondly from looking on Google Earth, there seems to be plenty of restaurants along there. Could anybody recommend one, not looking for anything fancy, just a decent meal at a good price.

All help and info will be greatly appreciated.

David

There's not a whole lot to walk to out there, and it's not the best area for walking either. The traffic is very heavy and the sidewalks narrow to almost nonexistant in some places.

Walmart is about 12 blocks south of that hotel but between the two there are a Shorty's BBQ, Red Lobster, Longhorn Steakhouse, Romano's Macaroni Grill, and there's a Hooters & Chilis across from Walmart. They're all inexpensive chain restaurants.

As for Walmart I haven't been in one of those in years and I don't have a clue if they sell Vodka, Gin, or Rum, sorry.

There's not a whole lot to walk to out there, and it's not the best area for walking either. The traffic is very heavy and the sidewalks narrow to almost nonexistant in some places.

Walmart is about 12 blocks south of that hotel but between the two there are a Shorty's BBQ, Red Lobster, Longhorn Steakhouse, Romano's Macaroni Grill, and there's a Hooters & Chilis across from Walmart. They're all inexpensive chain restaurants.

As for Walmart I haven't been in one of those in years and I don't have a clue if they sell Vodka, Gin, or Rum, sorry.

According to Google Walmart is just short of a mile from the hotel, which is less then a 20 minute walk. We'll see what it's like when we get there.

Thanks for the info.

David

• 2 weeks later...
We'll be staying there the night before our 22 Nov cruise.

What I want to know though, is whether the Walmart down the road sells alcohol eg:Vodka,Gin,Rum etc. if so how much is a bottle(incl all taxes).

Secondly from looking on Google Earth, there seems to be plenty of restaurants along there. Could anybody recommend one, not looking for anything fancy, just a decent meal at a good price.

All help and info will be greatly appreciated.

David

Walmarts don't sell the hard liquor.

Hi David,

We just booked that hotel for the night before our January 16th cruise. Would you let me know if the WalMart DOES sell liquor and how you got to the cruise port (taxi, etc?) and the cost? Thanks so much. :)

We're using Princess transfers to FLL, as they are part of our cruise package from the UK.

According to the Walmart website they sell spirits/liquor, will report back if they do or not, or if there is elsewhere to buy it.

Fair enough, can I ask why they don't sell it. Is it local laws.

I think so. In the two years I have lived in Miami, I don't recall seeing liquor sold anyplace other than a liquor store. The local Costco (membership warehouse-type store) sells liquor, but only in a separate area with a separate entrance that does not require a membership card. Wine and beer are widely sold in supermarkets and other outlets.

Walmarts don't sell the hard liquor.

I live on the state line between KS and MO. Walmart in KS does not sell hard liquor....Walmart in MO DOES sell hard liquor and wine. All depends on state laws and company decision to purchase proper licenses.

All sounds a bit mad to me, can sell in one state and not the other. All supermarkets in the UK plus most small corner shops sell all types of alcohol.

Probably why there's a drink problem over here, my problem is I've got two hands but only one mouth....

We're using Princess transfers to FLL, as they are part of our cruise package from the UK.

According to the Walmart website they sell spirits/liquor, will report back if they do or not, or if there is elsewhere to buy it.

I live in Florida and the only Walmarts that I've ever seen that sell liquor are the Marketplace ones they are just a grocery store and have the liquor store attached to it. The regular walmarts don't sell it though.

Archived