Fremantle/Perth hotels

sailingfriends

I found Fremantle a more expensive place for accommodation than Perth, probably due in part to the very small number of choices there. You can find some deals with airport transfer included - is that the most important thing? Any budgetor other preferences?

• 4 weeks later...

I have no personal experience, however I'm arriving in Fremantle by cruise ship in March and spending one night post-cruise before flying home, sonI've been researching this.

My advice: look for a hotel in the Perth CBD. As you will read on other threads you can then catch a 30 minute train from Perth right to the terminal at Fremantle on the day of your cruise.

Based on my own preference for location, stars, price.....I'm currently leaning towards the Mercure Perth.

better choice of hotels in perth nearly all central just choose you price range there is a shuttle from airport to perth http://www.perthairport.com/default.aspx?MenuID=19

( website of perth airport ( there are two airports international [terminal 1]and domestic )

perth is quite small and easier to get around, the train station is on wellington street and easily found the journey to fremantle (freo)is approx 25-30 minutes can be crowded at peak times for workers and school kids (approx 7-9am ) but is not unmanageable, fremantle station is along- side port and you would have to walk a little way back to the pedastrian bridge and go up and down a ramp on the pedastrian bridge with your luggage which shouldn't be difficult if it is on wheels, go to google earth if you have it (can be downloaded if you don't for free)and put in fremantle port you should be able to identify the railway station by the river and see the pedestrian bridge, there is a cruise ship docked at the moment in the google earth photo the raiway station has a

'w' on it to identify it in the photo

google photo will also show the hotels in freo, just look for the bed icon the esplanade is the poshest, and you just have to walk up to south terrace turn left and it will lead you to the train staion and the pier if you are able to walk ok, it is flat and not far at all, south terrace has many cafes and small restaurants to eat at and if you are there on a friday night there is a market on south terrace in it own building just go right at the corner, freo is nicer and more alive at night then perth and there is a shuttle that goes from airport to freo as well

hope this helps and hope the links work

jackiedanny

http://www.fremantleairportshuttle.com.au/index.html

[ http://www.fremantleports.com.au/Shipping/Cruising/5190.asp

Thanks for all the information. We went on Orbits and booked a hotel in Perth. Good to know about the train, but not sure we want to drag all that luggage. I think we will use a cab, and get some door to door help.

SteveW, are you arriving in Fremantal on the 15th of March? We are boarding the Rhapsody on the 15th, and doing the next two cruises, ending on April 12th.

SteveW, are you arriving in Fremantal on the 15th of March? We are boarding the Rhapsody on the 15th, and doing the next two cruises, ending on April 12th.

Hi there. I'll be arriving in Fremantle on 14 March on the QM2.

Archived