Sun Princess Christmas Cruise - Part Two

English Rose

Ports

Our first stop was Nassau and as I had read bad things about it on the boards, wanted to stay on the ship. The weather however was not good, so we decided to walk into town and look round the shops. We did not like this at all, not the nicest of places and soon returned to the ship and just relaxed. Christmas Day and Boxing Day (only in the UK I know) was spent in the most idyllic way. On Megans Bay in St Thomas, snorkeling, diving and having fun on the Kontiki Party boat. Snorkeling again in St Maarten and lazing on Honeymoon Bay. These two islands are wonderful and I couldn't think of a better way to spend Christmas. Fantasic! I don't think I could tire at visiting either of these places.

Shows

I only managed to get to a couple of these due to late eating times and meeting up with other people. What we saw was good and I would have loved to have seen the rest, but there was just so much going on it was hard to know what to do for the best. We spent a few evenings just relaxing in the Wheelhouse Bar which was very pleasant indeed.

People

This would be one of the main reasons I would choose Princess again. The people we met were SO nice. It was lovely to be with so many nationalities. Mostly American and Canadian. Both were so friendly. This is where again it beats P&O. The English can be so reserved when making new friends but the American and Canadians just bowl in there and I love that. We met and spent some time with some lovely people, most of all Joannie and Steve and their two lovely daughters Steph and Alyssa from Canada. We have been in touch already and would love to cruise together again next Christmas.

Disembarkation

Couldn't believe how quickly I was off the ship and into a cab. A breeze. We continued our holiday in Fort Lauderdale at the Radisson Bahia Mar Beach Hotel for the New Year. I loved Fort Lauderdale and will be back again hopefully next year. Our flights home (via Dallas) were with American Airlines - awful. Old planes, no personal entertainment systems and not very nice crew, but it got us home I suppose.

Summary

It is really very hard to stop this review as I could go on and on forever, but I have work to do and while I was away received many enquiries for cruise transfers here in England and must get these sorted urgently, so I will leave it there. Better than P&O? - yes. Would I go again? - yes. Will I go at Christmas again? - yes. Brochures are now at the ready!!!

:confused: :confused: Sadly I have just spent half an hour typing this part of my review and while posting it I received a fatal error and lost the lot of part one. Part two seems to be fine. I haven't got time to do this all again. So sorry! I will however say that the ship is lovely, restaurants great, personal dining a little disappointing due to waiting times. I will answer any questions anyone might have. Oh sometimes I hate computers!!!!!!!:mad:

Englis Rose

With so many bad reviews of this ship - could you please tell me:

did you smell sewage throughout your cruise?

What kind of music did they play in the wheelhouse bar?

how was the food

what kind of room did you have

Thanks for posting the review. Sorry about Part I.

If you have time to compare P&O and Princess - I think many would appreciate that. I met several people from England on my Star Princess/Dec 12th sailing and they all preferred Princess to P&O. They did say that tipping is less on P&O and said from their experiences, many people still stiff the waiters even though the tipping is less. They preferred the different variety of food on Princess over P&O.

I almost was on your sailing but decided to go a week earlier on the Star Princess. I was on the Sun 2 years ago for Christmas and it was a lovely ship.

Archived