Majesty Debarkation

WannaCruiseSoon

Hi I will be on the majesty this Saturday (woohoo)

In my travel documents - we return to Philly at about 8:00 am

What is a good time to tell my ride to pick me up from the pier?

Has anyone gone recently that can give me an estimate?

Thanks

Can't tell you exactly as it can depend on many things. The ship could be delayed in getting back to Philly, customs could hold the ship up due to the dogs sniffing something in the luggage, customs could be delayed getting to clear the ship, are you doing self debarkation, are you a suite or platinum passenger, or what color tag they give you to leave the ship.

My best guess would be that 9:30 would be fairly safe maybe they could wait somewhere close by and you could call them to pick you up once you know when you should be leaving the ship.

We were on the Majesty last week and although the ship arrived early, the customs and immigration officials in Philadelphia decided (with no advance notice) that they wanted everyone who was not a US citizen to disembark first before they would allow US citizens off the ship. This caused about an hour's delay in the start of disembarkation.

As we were in a suite and had VIP disembarkation we were able to get off as soon as the ship was cleared, but others were obviously not so lucky.

As scchasgal said, probably 9:30 is OK, as long as you don't hit the type of delay we did. There is an outer parking area close to the entrance of the complex where cars are directed to park while waiting for the ship to be cleared, or for embarkation to start. Your ride can wait there and then you can call them from your cell phone when you're off the ship.

Thanks

this is my first time leaving from close to home

I told my brother 10-10:30

maybe I will tell him make it closer to 10:00

1st time on NCL so no suite perks or anything like that

I most likely wont self-debark

If you don't self disembark, then you get to choose your approximate disembarkation time. You'll get a list of times and the appropriate color baggage tag to choose for them with your Freestyle Daily on Thursday or Friday. Pick the color that's closest to the time you want to get off, making an allowance of 15 minutes or so for the time it will take to walk off the ship (a fairly long walk in Philadelphia) pick up your bags, and pass through customs. Of course the wild card is customs and immigration pulling a trick like they did last Saturday. ;)

Archived