Bringing liquor on board

aamove

Does carnival let you bring Liquor on board from the ports of call. ie Cozumel / Progresso. I was watching a show on the travel channel and they took the bottles and marked them and gave them back to you at the end of the cruise. Does Carnival do this?

They will take them and return them the night before you leave, but one thing I found out if you buy the smaller bottles, 200 ml, they never said a word about checking them. (and I had 5 in my back pack, as much as in one large bottle). I saw someone doing it, so I bought some and he was right!!! np.

You can try ways of not checking them.. but they will tell you to check them.

They told me to check mine and I smiled politely, said Thank You, and kept on walking. No one chased me down. My DH was proud of me!:p

Me too!! lmao ... with two bottles of tequila. I had so much liquor in my cabin by then, it wasnt like I was even going to drink it. just dont trust them to deliver it. (I was on a B2B and they gave me a free bottle of champagne and had delivered liquor Id bought the first leg the last night of that cruise.. so I had a lot in my cabin by then, by accident, and I hardly drink).

Someone else said buy two bottles and check one if they tell you to check your liquor and the checkers will never check to see they got it all. Lots of ways to smuggle if you want to.

They will take them and return them the night before you leave, but one thing I found out if you buy the smaller bottles, 200 ml, they never said a word about checking them. (and I had 5 in my back pack, as much as in one large bottle). I saw someone doing it, so I bought some and he was right!!! np.

You can try ways of not checking them.. but they will tell you to check them.

NO NO NO, you got it backwards, check in ONE smaller bottle and take the large bottle to the room. :D

They told me to check mine and I smiled politely, said Thank You, and kept on walking. No one chased me down. My DH was proud of me!:p

The first time I made my DW pass the table and keep walking, she freaked. Now that the monster is out of the bag, she does it all the time. :D

I'm with Firefly. It's not that I want the booze in my cabin, it's that I don't want to wait around for them to deliver it when I am ready to pack on the last day. Also, if you buy the smaller bottles with the plastic lids and wear cargo shorts, you can get them through no problem. Just make sure you are wearing a belt or those shorts have a tendency to head south.:o

Besides, one look at my bar tab and they will know that no matter how much I have in my cabin, I am doing my fair share to stimulate CCL's bottom line.:p

I dont think this is a matter of honesty. If Carnival cared so much how much booze I had in my cabin, why not keep better records and not deliver booze to pax on a B2B. (I know on RCL they do this and arent as lax).

There was also a thread on CC from someone who bought booze onboard and had the wrong booze delivered to their cabin. I had bought a bottle of Aha Toro tequila last year and the bottles are hand blown and it leaked, Id have hated to have Carnival in charge of it all week. I watched it and made sure it wasnt turned on its side. Anything fragile like this, things can go wrong. Call me a pessimist .... I also saw two bottles in one of those boxes come open and both bottles break as I was boarding ... just one thing less to worry about.

Carnival is very lax about this ... so why shouldnt the pax do what they want? If Carnival cared, Id follow the rules, if Carnival was enforcing them, but Id worry...mistakes do happen. Explain to me why its ok to bring FIVE 200 ml bottles thru and Carnival doesnt ask you to check them, but one 750 ml bottle needs to be checked. Where is the logic? I dont think its a matter of honesty... if I wanted to get drunk, I could buy lots more of those little bottles Carnival doesnt ask you to check.

I dont think this is a matter of honesty. If Carnival cared so much how much booze I had in my cabin, why not keep better records and not deliver booze to pax on a B2B. (I know on RCL they do this and arent as lax).

There was also a thread on CC from someone who bought booze onboard and had the wrong booze delivered to their cabin. I had bought a bottle of Aha Toro tequila last year and the bottles are hand blown and it leaked, Id have hated to have Carnival in charge of it all week. I watched it and made sure it wasnt turned on its side. Anything fragile like this, things can go wrong. Call me a pessimist .... I also saw two bottles in one of those boxes come open and both bottles break as I was boarding ... just one thing less to worry about.

Carnival is very lax about this ... so why shouldnt the pax do what they want? If Carnival cared, Id follow the rules, if Carnival was enforcing them, but Id worry...mistakes do happen. Explain to me why its ok to bring FIVE 200 ml bottles thru and Carnival doesnt ask you to check them, but one 750 ml bottle needs to be checked. Where is the logic? I dont think its a matter of honesty... if I wanted to get drunk, I could buy lots more of those little bottles Carnival doesnt ask you to check.

Note to self....buy LOTS of 200ml bottles next week :D

Carnival-The Fun Ship

Need I say more?

I still got one over on RCCL though! They were so concerned about the water bottle sticking out of DH's shorts, they ignored me and the entire liter!:p

And the rum runners work like a charm!

Archived