"Camping out" all day in the Windjammer

I think that unless more seating is available this will continue to be a problem.

There a people who like to sit all day in the Buffet area on every cruise/ every cruise line. That's just what they like to do. If RCI, persists in pushing them out because there aren't enough seats to handle everyone, then they will lose those folks to other cruise lines who do have enough seats or don't have the policy of making them move. I haven't heard announcements on any cruise line making people give up there seats.

sharing tables anywhere at peak times is expected.

Having enough seats to handle the peaks is also expected.

JMHO

This thread reminds me of a great comeback a friend of my wife had. Granted it doesn't work for everyone *LOL*

My DWs friend has a set of brass cajones you can hook on a crane and demolish a building :)

When she was about 8 months pregnant she went to have lunch at a cafeteria type restaurant. She was walking around with her tray trying to get a seat. She sees an empty table and as she approaches it , some guy with his tray throws it right onto the table and takes a seat. She gives him a look mumbles a dirty word or two but just keeps going.

She finally finds another table eats her lunch, and as she is getting ready to leave, notices a woman has joined this jerk at the table

Tis is where it gets classic *LOL*

She walks up to the table, points to the woman and says to the guy "So this is why I haven't heard from you in over 6 months."

The guy's mouth falls to the ground, but the woman is pissed.

She asks my DWs friend who the hell is she

She says "I think it is obvious who I am....Who the hell are you?" and with that she walks away.

As she was walking out the door she and everyone else in the restaurant can hear the guy saying "I don't even know her" and the woman saying "Bull**** Tom who the hell is she , don't lie to me"

LMAO!!!!!

That's Classic!!!!!!

*SNIP*

As she was walking out the door she and everyone else in the restaurant can hear the guy saying "I don't even know her" and the woman saying "Bull**** Tom who the hell is she , don't lie to me"

ROFLMAO!

THANKS! You made my morning.

Wow, all day in the cafeteria? What a fun vacation :S

Honestly, if there were no seats available, I'd sit down. If they said something, that's what security is there for. They don't own the table just like others don't own certain lounge chairs.

This thread reminds me of a great comeback a friend of my wife had. Granted it doesn't work for everyone *LOL*

My DWs friend has a set of brass cajones you can hook on a crane and demolish a building :)

When she was about 8 months pregnant she went to have lunch at a cafeteria type restaurant. She was walking around with her tray trying to get a seat. She sees an empty table and as she approaches it , some guy with his tray throws it right onto the table and takes a seat. She gives him a look mumbles a dirty word or two but just keeps going.

She finally finds another table eats her lunch, and as she is getting ready to leave, notices a woman has joined this jerk at the table

Tis is where it gets classic *LOL*

She walks up to the table, points to the woman and says to the guy "So this is why I haven't heard from you in over 6 months."

The guy's mouth falls to the ground, but the woman is pissed.

She asks my DWs friend who the hell is she

She says "I think it is obvious who I am....Who the hell are you?" and with that she walks away.

Ding...Ding...Ding...we have a winner!!! :D

That is classic!

Yeah- I'm sure they wouldn't be happy. I was at a movie theatre with a friend and there were no seats for two. Well, these two guys were sitting with a 'buffer' seat in between them. I asked if we could take that seat so we can sit together and he just kind of mumbled (teenager:rolleyes:) so I said "okay, we'll just sit on either side"! We then shared popcorn over him until he finally said 'I'll switch with you':p
Someone from my office got on a packed plane [one with no reserved seats] with her three year old. There were no pairs of seats left. Finally she asked a solo traveler "Would you mind moving, or would you prefer to watch my child, because she'll be sitting in the seat beside yours?" Guess what - they moved:D

Thom

certainly a bummer that you had trouble finding a table but unless RC plans on sending security around to monitor everyone's meal progress I dont think you'll see that change anytime soon. We noticed a similar situation on our Alaska cruise. I think the view from WJ is just very inviting

I assume these people are in tiny, inside cabins and don't want to stay there all day . . . yet they don't want to be in the sun . . . and they don't want to be anywhere like a bar where staff'll expect them to buy something.

There's an appropriate spot for this behavior, and it's almost always empty: The game room and the nearby card room.

Could be worse. You could've been on NCL's Majesty (referred to among a lot of us in my area as the BOAR boat...Better Off A Reef). They didn't have enough tables in their WJ equivalent so they removed all the lounge chairs from around the pool and put in tables & chairs so folks had a place to eat. Not only was there still not enough room to sit, if you wanted to lay near the pool, you had to go up a deck and towards the back of the ship.

It will be interesting to see what we find on the Radiance next Sept but I don't think this will bother me. :confused: If I have trouble finding a table I'll adjust my dining time a bit. (Although, I plan to eat in the MDR on sea days so this may not be an issue at all!) Heck, if it starts at breakfast, I will just go earlier. Who knows, I might even end up at one of the "hogged" tables before the people even get there. ;)

(btw, TahoeBob, I had to laugh at your reply. Hadn't thought of it that way but you are right!)

I assume these people are in tiny, inside cabins and don't want to stay there all day . . . yet they don't want to be in the sun . . . and they don't want to be anywhere like a bar where staff'll expect them to buy something.

There's an appropriate spot for this behavior, and it's almost always empty: The game room and the nearby card room.

The Promenade Deck on many ships is a great spot to grab a chair and read or do word puzzles. Out of direct sun as well and very peaceful.

As stated above, you can also sit in any bar or lounge onboard and you don't have to buy a thing. Many bars and lounges are pretty much unoccupied during the morning and afternoon.

You describe me perfectly this past summer on Golden Princess.

One of the best viewing decks had a huge blaring TV screen on during the day (MUTS), which I hated. I met another couple from the Caribbean so we shared breakfast then lunch, as we watched the beauty of the landscape.

My basic rule is to claim the chair your meat must in the seat.

I refuse to walk around with a tray or drink in my hand, a child at my side, with junk in my trunk, while seat/chairs sit unoccupied. If my vacation is going right, I should be walking around on legs and hips that were moving on the dance floor until at least 1 am and up around 6 to view the sunrise.

Ha! If I encountered that situation and there were truly no available seats, I wouldn't have asked. I would have just said, "sorry to bother you but there are no available seats except these" and would have sat right down.

Me too. ;)

I personally think it must be the folks from the suites---they are the ones that require more space--lol----just plunk your tray down spilling your coffe on their paper as you do--apologize profusely and the staff will scramble over to help clean it up and replace your coffee--the offender will retreat to their suite for a change of clothes--lol

Paul

I personally think it must be the folks from the suites---they are the ones that require more space--lol----just plunk your tray down spilling your coffe on their paper as you do--apologize profusely and the staff will scramble over to help clean it up and replace your coffee--the offender will retreat to their suite for a change of clothes--lol

Paul

We stayed in a suite and we ALWAYS had to look for a seat as

1 or 2 individuals sat at a table for 6 with only their books and newspapers

in front of them.....you must be a real camper... and we didn't spill coffee

on them either

Archived