Puzzled about "warm chocolate melting cake" on Legend

clerky96

My daughter and I love the warm chocolate melting cake (only had one bad one) but making it at home is so quick and easy! Here's the recipe:

8 ounces semisweet chocolate

1 cup (2 sticks) butter

7 eggs, divided use

6 tablespoons sugar

1/2 cup flour

Vanilla ice cream, for serving

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt chocolate and butter; cool 10 minutes.

In separate bowl, mix 4 eggs with sugar. Whisk. Add flour and whisk. Add remaining 3 eggs. Add egg mixture to chocolate mixture. Pour in individual baking cups or ramekins.

Bake until just done, about 15-20 minutes (interior will be melting, not set).

Serve with vanilla ice cream.

Makes 8 servings.

Enjoy!!

Obviously a 'quality control' issue - and I am offering my services to Carnival to be their official "Warm Chocolate Melting Cake Taste Tester' - I know I know - don't thank me - someone had to do it! :D:D

Umm well they will need more than one taster, so I will apply as your assistant, haha.

I had it on the Conquest in September every night but one and it as wonderful each time.:)

I guess for every seating they cook hundreds of warm chocolate melting cake. Even with a large oven with many in at a time getting each and every one to come out perfect is an almost impossible task.

I have ordered at least 1 every night of every cruise for as long as I remember. I go with the Forest Gump outlook on chocolates. You never know what you are going to get, but I ate every one any way. :D

We got off of the Legend on Oct 11th. Since I am a self-proclaimed "chocolate freak", I couldn't wait to try the warm chocolate melting cake that I had read so much about on these boards. I ordered it on the first night of the cruise.... Now I can understand how someone could try it and not like it.

Now I don't care for chocolate OR cake so it doesn't interest me much, but my wife however is, like you, a chocolate freak. She loves chocolate. She has tried the WCMC mutliple times on multiple sailings and still hasn't found one that she liked. Everytime she wished she ordered something else. I don't think she will ever try it again. I've had others tell me the same. I understand it's popular and all ... but to me it's one of the most overhyped, biggest let downs out there.

I was on the Fascination and the Holiday in the last few months and I also thought the chocolate melting cake was inconsistant. On one night it was really all cake and very little moisture. Last spring we had it every night on a cruise and it was great. The ice cream in the dining room is delicious and is a great 2nd choice. I really miss the grand marnier souffle.

On the off chance you get the runny ones, ask your waiter for a fruit plate. Use your fork and dip the fruit in the mix. Really good this way.

Dave

That's a Great Idea!

I had stopped ordering it but may try it again with your recomendation. Might as well order the fruit with it just to be safe :)

The WCMC is a hit or miss. Some people love it while others don't. My fiance hates it and he loves chocolate. Personally I love the WCMC and it goes great with the vanilla ice cream. I admit, every time I order it, it's always varies in consistency. But I love eating it anyhow. I can't wait to have it again next week on my cruise.

We got off of the Legend on Oct 11th. Since I am a self-proclaimed "chocolate freak", I couldn't wait to try the warm chocolate melting cake that I had read so much about on these boards. I ordered it on the first night of the cruise. There was very little cake to be found, and mostly consisted of a thin cake shell and dark, runny, chocolate inside (think of chocolate syrup or thinner). Needless to say I was greatly disappointed. I waited a couple of days and decided to give it another try. This time it was chocolate cake with the inside having a consistency of chocolate pudding. It was great. The last night DH ordered it and it was all together different again. This time the whole thing was like a piece of very moist chocolate cake. Nothing inside was different than the outside. Very strange that the consistency was different each time we tried it. Now I can understand how someone could try it and not like it. First night was not very good, and the last night was just "so-so". So what is it really supposed to be like?

totally agree.. we only had it on the first night too, and none of us could finish it... none of us had it again.

I've never met any chocolate I didn't like:D

I heard that:p

I only had the WCMC once in the MDR never saw it on the buffet. I can still remember it...chocolate perfection.

mine was a little thinner than pudding in the middle, but not like runny either.

Now, if they only had it on the room service menu..they would have a path worn to my cabin door.:cool:

Archived