Generoso Maitre d' Ruby

sveipe

We attended the Chef's Table on our cruise on the Ruby Princess last year, and spent quite some time talking to the Maitre 'd that night and on a few other nights later in our cruise. We exchanged contact information and I remembered I was thinking "yeah right, as if we will never hear from him again", to my surprise, for Christmas we got a call from him wishing us a nice holiday, and we talked to him for quite a while. He now keeps in touch regularly, letting us know where he is and how things are going.

Does anyone else get calls from any of the Maitre 'ds, or is this rare? I thought is was such an amazing gesture of him, and this alone will keep me coming back to princess. It is just an amazing effort he puts in, and shows an incredible attention to the small things, why would we go anywhere else?

Regards,

Staale

We also got to know Generoso on the Ruby last December, as we participated in both the Chef's Table and the Ultimate Ship Tour. What a wonderfully warm and welcoming gentleman. We have gotten to know the Maitre d' on other ships, but were never put so much at ease nor made to feel as comfortable as we did with Generoso.

Almost as soon as we got home from our cruise on the Ruby we booked another for this coming February, and this was in large part because several of the staff we met and became friendly with on the Ruby said they expected to either still be on the ship or back on the Ruby by then, and Generoso was one of the very important factors in that decision.

Unfortunately, we did not think to exchange contact information with him, and now I am truly regretting that. Though, we have stayed in touch with other staff we have met on cruises, including the Ruby.

Next time you communicate with him, would you be so kind as to let him know that there are many, many of us on CruiseCritic who have met him and think very highly and fondly of him. His name comes up with some frequency here, and it never fails to inspire glowing recollections of encounters with him.

I'm just hoping he'll be on the Ruby in February, so we can see him again.

...I'm just hoping he'll be on the Ruby in February, so we can see him again.

Friends who are currently on the Ruby have said that Generoso left the ship the day that they boarded and that he will be back in January. DH and I will be on the January 19, 2010 voyage and hope Generoso will be onboard for our sailing.

Chris

Friends who are currently on the Ruby have said that Generoso left the ship the day that they boarded and that he will be back in January. DH and I will be on the January 19, 2010 voyage and hope Generoso will be onboard for our sailing.

Chris

Hi Chris

Have you joined our Roll Call?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=827243&page=28

If you have I apologize. I know a lot of people were posting a couple of months ago but it has been quiet lately.

I think it's a great group of people!

Chris

I know when we spoke to him about his upcoming schedule last December, he had at least 2 "breaks" from the Ruby in 2009, but he said he was expecting to be back by the end of January or beginning of February, which is part of the reason we booked February. He, Head Waiter Rui, and Wheelhouse Bartender Carla all expected to be back on the Ruby by then. I hope they all are!

What you have experienced is probably rare, but not for Generoso. He is the consummate host. A real superstar for Princess.

Agreed, on all counts.

I thought that I had read that Generoso was currently on the CB. Maybe it was just wishful thinking since we also enjoyed getting to know him and are on the CB in November.

I only wish! Since we board the CB in 5 short days. ;) But, I just heard the Maitre d' was someone else. ya never know, though .... ;)

I only wish! Since we board the CB in 5 short days. ;) But, I just heard the Maitre d' was someone else. ya never know, though .... ;)

I only wish too as I also board on the 24th - that would have been fantastic news! I have met many, many fine cruise line employees but Generoso is truly THE finest.

What REALLY impressed us ... every day, EVERY DAY, in the middle of the afternoon, he would walk through the Sanctuary (I didn't even know he was in charge of the Serenity Attendants) and visit with each guest to make sure everything was to our liking. Silvio (on the Emerald) was great, but Generoso was like what a Cruise Director used to be.

Generoso and Rui are such GREAT people ! Glad to get this info and know

they will be on board when we are. !

Sherri

Agreed. I should add one caveat, however: these were their plans as of December 2008, so could be subject to change. The fact that Generoso is, apparently, going to be on the Ruby in Feb is, I hope, a good indication about the others.

Now, if we could only find out where Kayan is ....

Anyone seen a fiery Jamaican waitress with a sparkling smile and impeccable service recently? ;)

Agreed. I should add one caveat, however: these were their plans as of December 2008, so could be subject to change. The fact that Generoso is, apparently, going to be on the Ruby in Feb is, I hope, a good indication about the others.

Now, if we could only find out where Kayan is ....

Anyone seen a fiery Jamaican waitress with a sparkling smile and impeccable service recently? ;)

and if Godwin is still aboard the Ruby too.

We attended the Chef's Table on our cruise on the Ruby Princess last year, and spent quite some time talking to the Maitre 'd that night and on a few other nights later in our cruise. We exchanged contact information and I remembered I was thinking "yeah right, as if we will never hear from him again", to my surprise, for Christmas we got a call from him wishing us a nice holiday, and we talked to him for quite a while. He now keeps in touch regularly, letting us know where he is and how things are going.

Does anyone else get calls from any of the Maitre 'ds, or is this rare? I thought is was such an amazing gesture of him, and this alone will keep me coming back to princess. It is just an amazing effort he puts in, and shows an incredible attention to the small things, why would we go anywhere else?

Regards,

Staale

We had the pleasure of sailing twice with Generoso on the Sun Princess and he remembered us from the first cruise when we saw him on the second. I always loved it when he said my name LEEEEEZZZZZZAAAAAAAHHHHH. That lovely Italian accent.

Hopefully we will sail with him again someday. He truly added to the great experience.

Archived