Camp Carnival babysitting Concept

rolloman

I view it more as a "late night party". It's fine for the older kids. I let my 10 year old daughter stay there ONCE until 2 a.m. The counselors brought her back to the room. Mom is out like a light by 11:30.

I agree with you, I wouldn't take a little one there, unless they have come from a different time zone and their body clock thinks it's much earlier.

I agree and understand somewhat with older kids but what I read and hear are people advertising it as an opportunity for infant babysitting. I wonder how many under 2 year olds are actually using this time frame? To each his own, but for me to use the service they would have to change those hours to something reasonable.

I know I am in the minority, but I do believe that it is all about expectations. As long as you keep your little one on a schedule, it works great. He takes a nap each day (on vacation) from around 5-7 and then goes to bed around 11pm. I am under the impression that since my 2 year can't tell time, he doesn't know the difference between going to bed at 10pm or 11pm. We send him there awake, he gets to run around a bit and then sacks out. We pick him up, carry him to the cabin and he goes right back to sleep. We sleep late and so does he. We have traveled alot and view time zones as all relative. Don't get too hung up on the times. I like the group setting. I don't think I could ever do in room babysitting. To each their own.

they have cribs set up for the infants to sleep. To be honest, we never used it for our kids as infants because we were just too tired to stay up that late. Our kids get up at 6-6:30am every day even on the cruise so staying out till 3am when you have been up since 6am just doesnt happen. If you have a young child that sleeps in and is too young for camp carnival it may be a great way to get some alone time. I do wish they would offer babysitting at earlier hours such as dinner/show times and periodically throughout the day. The new RCCL ships will have a nursery available for the infants day/night for a fee like Disney does. That would be excellent if Carnival adopted that same concept.

Archived