Early Saver Question

time4vacay

Please excuse my ignorance, I have a question regarding early saver. I booked an 8A cabin on Carnival Pride using the early saver rate, now if you book an 8A cabin you get upgraded to an 8C, but the price has gone up by $40/person. Is this a time when I should submit a form or call for the upgrade? I haven't done this before. Thanks.

Please excuse my ignorance, I have a question regarding early saver. I booked an 8A cabin on Carnival Pride using the early saver rate, now if you book an 8A cabin you get upgraded to an 8C, but the price has gone up by $40/person. Is this a time when I should submit a form or call for the upgrade? I haven't done this before. Thanks.

I wouldn't pay the extra cash, but I would call your TA or whoever you booked with and mention that those booking now are getting an automatic upgrade and ask if you can get that upgrade --- what I understand is that once you book early saver if the rates go down or if upgrades, etc, are offered, you are still eligible for those. So YES, call and see -- if not, no harm done. But a few decks up is a few decks up -- I personally like being higher up -- just keep in mind, mid ship you'll feel less movement. I like being all the way forward on Panorama, the waves rock me to sleep ;). If you're higher up it's easy to take stairs and not wait on elevators... I hate elevators.

I wouldn't pay the extra cash, but I would call your TA or whoever you booked with and mention that those booking now are getting an automatic upgrade and ask if you can get that upgrade --- what I understand is that once you book early saver if the rates go down or if upgrades, etc, are offered, you are still eligible for those. So YES, call and see -- if not, no harm done. But a few decks up is a few decks up -- I personally like being higher up -- just keep in mind, mid ship you'll feel less movement. I like being all the way forward on Panorama, the waves rock me to sleep ;). If you're higher up it's easy to take stairs and not wait on elevators... I hate elevators.

The OP paid $40 pp less than the now going rate for the category which has the free upgrade. ... Carnival isnt going to give them the free upgrade unless they pay the current price for the rate which offers the free upgrade.

A "free" upgrade of an 8A to 8C is just a fancy way of pricing an 8C. The 8A is $40 more so you can't use price protection.

Looking at it another way, Carnival priced 8A and 8C at the same price. There is no "upgrade" they are just marketing the cabins with that term.

So no, you would not qualify to move to an 8C unless you want to pay $40 more.

Archived