Cruisequick.com: Price of my cruise went down. Will I get ship credit or refund after final pmt?

This is a Cruisequick.com question.

Last Friday, the price of my cruise dropped and I contacted Cruisequick.com via email immediately. A few hours later, I receievd an invoice showing that I had been upgraded with a negative balance (but with no explanation as to what will happen with the negative balance)! Very cool, to say the least!

Anyway, I was wondering if my credit card would be refunded or would I simply get shipboard credit (either is fine with me)? When I called the cruise line this weekend, I got two different answers from Royal Caribbean - 1) that cruise line policy is to NEVER refund the difference AFTER final payment has been made and I should expect a shipboard credit; 2) that I would get the difference refunded to our credit card.

When I called the cruise line, I spole to two different people, as I know they are notorious for inconsistent information. I wish they could get their facts straight, but no worries! I am thrilled just the same.

Anyway, I sent off an email to cruisequick.com as well, so I am sure I will hear back from them soon. But in the mean time, I thought I would ask those of you who have had this happen with a cruisequick.com reservation as to what occured with your booking.

Have a good day and thanks in advance.

Suzi

05 July 2004 Monarch of the Seas

21 November 2004 Carnival Pride

20 February 2005 Mariner of the Seas CC Group Cruise

By the way, I made our final payment in early April.

Suzi

Generally speaking I think Carnival lines will give upgrades or onboard credits when fares are reduced after final payment.

Again, generally, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity will issue refunds when fares are reduced after final payment. Exception: when the reduced fares are for "new bookings only" such as on

Happy Hour specials.

Boy, that was quick!!

Thanks. I've had the price of our cruise go down many times BEFORE the final payment, but NOT afterwards. It really doesn't matter what happens as I will gladly take the shipboard credit or a refund of the difference. But it would be nice to know either way.

Thank you for your response!

Suzi

Hi,

My final payment had been made when the price dropped and I received a credit on my charge card within 1-3 days.

I forgot to add, that at the time I had a travel company, but the refund came from RCCL.

12/06/04

THE EMPRESS OF THE SEAS. **10 ISLANDS IN 11 NIGHTS**

VISIT OUR ROLL CALL HERE

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> timbo89

posted May 17, 04 09:37 AM

When that happened to me at cruisequick, they sent a check to me

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder why they don't just refund your credit card? I don't like the idea of getting a check.

Suzi

Suzi:

I believe you need to check with Cruisequick, but my understanding was that they didn't charge the credit card in the first place (RCCL does)so they simply cut a check for the outstanding amount, when they receive their payment from RCCL.

This has happened to us 2x with cruisequick..price dropping after final payment..both times they've told me that RCI would refund my credit card. After a bill cycle my credit card was never credited and i emailed cruisequick..both times they've apologized and explained the RCI refunded them directly and they would cut me a check..In both cases, I received a check w/in a few days. I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't ? it, if they ever would have sent it back to me or not but they were quick to send it to once ?'d.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;04;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Sovereign of the Seas

Alexis:

Thanks for your comments. I have heard here at Cruise Critic that most agencies will make arrangements to have Royal Caribbean refund the difference back on the credit card used to pay for the cruise when the price goes down. But as this is the first time I have ever used Cruisequick.com I wasn't sure if they do what other agencies do.

I have been quite pleased with Cruisequick.com thus far, especially since the price of my cruise went down. I was just wondering how Cruisequick.com manage refunds after final payment has posted.

Take care.

Suzi

I thought I would post an update, as others in my situation might find this information helpful. First off, let me say, Cruisequick was not as quick to respond to my issue as I had expected them to be, as I was used to them replying to my questions within a few hours.

I received an email back telling me that my credit card would be credited by Royal Caribbean in a few days, which made me vary happy.

Suffice it to say, three or four days later, my credit card was credited with $106.10 - not the $134.10 I was told would be coming my way. The remainder to date has still not posted, however, I realize these things can take a while.

I was very pleased to learn that Royal Caribbean was the one issuing me the refund. I am confident the rest of my refund will post soon as well. This bids very well for CruiseQuick, as I too had some concerns.

Thanks for your input. It was very helpful!

Suzi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

hdawson

Please post an update when the remainder of your refund reaches your credit card.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sure will.

I was pleased that the refund came directly from Royal Caribbean, but there was no explanation why the total amount didn't post right away. The person responding to my email inquiry at CruiseQuick only stated that accounting confirmed the additional $$ should have been posted and was working to get it done. At this point, there is no reason to believe this won't be taken care of in a timely fashion. It took only a couple of days for my credit card to show the refund.

Thanks.

Suzi

How did you find out that your price went down? Have cruisequick reprice it, or watch RCL's site?

I have a 12 night med cruise booked thu cruisequick for next year and would like to keep watch for price breaks.

Donna

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

mert461

posted 05-24-yy 03:07 PM

How did you find out that your price went down? Have cruisequick reprice it, or watch RCL's site?

I have a 12 night med cruise booked thu cruisequick for next year and would like to keep watch for price breaks.

Donna

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I monitor prices by logging onto Royal Caribbean's website every now and then. I simply check the rates for our sail date, and if I see them go below what I paid, I would notify CruiseQuick.com via email and let them know what I found.

The problem I seem to encounter frequently is cruise line pricing is like airfare. It can change in a matter of minutes. You have to keep your finger's crossed that the price doesn't go back up by the time CruiseQuick.com staff contact the cruise line. I have on a number of occasions contacted CruiseQuick.com and by the time they check, the price is back up!

I'm sure there are agents out there who monitor prices, but I have yet to find one. It really does not take much time or effort to check every now and then. And the payoff can be substantial. I am pleased that NOT only did I get a nice refund, but I also received an upgrade.

Last year, our cruise aboard the Navigator kept going up, until about a month prior, when prices dropped just a little. As we booked that cruise 15 months in advance, it never went below our rates, but prices did go down about a month before we set sail in December.

Suzi

Happy to hear about Cruisequick, refunding you the price. We used a another agency for our last cruise (on Princess) and when the price dropped it was just too bad- contacted Princess and finally after calling numerous times, they upgraded me, but never refunded the difference( told me the upgraded would have been the smae amout) We just bookd our Europe cruise on Millie this summer with cruisequick so will moniter prices.

norm

smoothdancer, the price on RCL's web page doesn't have to go "below" the price you got from cruisequick. It just has to drop from the price it was on RCL when you booked. For example, when I booked my Serenade cruise it was $800 at the RCL webpage, my price thru cruisequick much less. If the price on RCL for my category drops below $800 I email cruisequick and get a reduction. Course right now on RCL my category is up over $200 pp but who knows after final payment is due.

Halloween on the Serenade

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;10;30;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

• 2 weeks later...

This is just another update on my situation with CruiseQuick.com. Although I have been pleased with the price, service and partial refund thanks to a price drop, I have yet to get all of it posted to my credit card. I promised you I would keep you updated on my progress,so here it is!

$106.10 out of $134.10 posted (directly from Royal Caribbean) to my credit card very fast - in a matter of days. However, the difference of $28 is yet to appear. I know refunds can take some time, but as it didn't take long intitally, I was expecting the same to hold true for the $28 they still owe me.

I sent of an email stating that shipboard credit or a bottle of wine would be sufficient. But CruiseQuick.com wrote back and said the $28 would definitely be posting to my credit card soon. It now has been a few weeks, and I am getting impatient.

It's not a huge sum of money, but it's my due, and I shouldn't have to work so hard to get it applied to my credit card.

Suzi

I just got an email from CruiseQuick.com and they said I will be getting a check for the $28. I'll believe it when I see it.

Suzi

Good News Everyone!

We got our check for $28 this morning! Yes, it did take a few email reminders, but when they said last Thursday that the check was in the mail, the CHECK WAS IN THE MAIL!

I'm still a little disappointed that the entire amount wasn't simply credited to our credit card. However, at least they followed through with their promise to send us a check. With that said, I'll probably continue to do business with them. After all is said and done, they did honor our C&A coupons, they honored the reduction in price, and they did (albeit somewhat slowly) give us back the difference in price. And to top it off, I did get a low price to begin with.

I suppose being persistant paid off. But I wonder how many others would have just let this ride, if they were in our shoes.

Suzi

Yes, as long as you submit it at least a week or 2 before your sail date.

Tropical 9/91

Ecstasy 9/93

Monarch 9/95

Sensation 9/96

Grandeur 9/97

Inspiration 9/98

Enchantment 9/99

Grandeur 9/00

Explorer 3/01

Grand 9/01.........Review!!

Victory 9/02........Review!!

Navigator 3/03....Review!!