23 month old in Camp Carnival?

CruisingCatherine

They have a list with every kid on the ship. It tells the exact age in years, months, and days. They probably won't budge. Not because the staff doesn't want to, but it is probably against their policy.

Carnival does have the youngest age limit with kids. Most other ships don't start till the age of 3.

Thanks everyone for letting me know. I can't reschedule the week of our vacation as it is on my children's fall break from school.

RCCL's new ship, "Oasis" has a nursery. I believe you will have to pay for it and I think Disney also has this option. Does Carnival have any ship that has an actual nursery, even if there is a charge?

Thanks everyone for letting me know. I can't reschedule the week of our vacation as it is on my children's fall break from school.

RCCL's new ship, "Oasis" has a nursery. I believe you will have to pay for it and I think Disney also has this option. Does Carnival have any ship that has an actual nursery, even if there is a charge?

The only option you will have (for the most part) will be from 10PM to 3 AM...Carnival will babysit your 23 month old in the nursery for $6 an hour. That is every night ...starting with Embarkation night.

SOME ships (it seems to vary) also offers some kind of "babysitting" (again in their nursery) during limited hours on PORT days. Check with Camp Carnival when you board to ask IF their ship is going to offer any port babysitting times during the DAY.

On Sea days...you can play WITH your child from noon - 2pm for free...but again the parents stay with the child.

I also recommend (if possible) that parents with toddlers under the age of 2 book a balcony. That way...even when your little one is napping during the day....a parent still can sit out on the balcony and enjoy the cruise!

They were great when out kids were very young. I believe they are the only cruise line that changes diapers..

Yes, I read that RC calls/pages you when a diaper needs changed!

Our son will have just turned 2 when we sail next Feb. I am glad to have the option to use Camp Carnival, but honestly, I don't know how much time he will actually spend there. We are honestly more worried about how much sleep we will all get staying in the same room. :eek:

On Sea days...you can play WITH your child from noon - 2pm for free...but again the parents stay with the child.

The parents don't have to stay during this time, but there's a $6/hr charge if you decide to leave. Some friends left their 19-month old there at this time one day, and I entertained their older son and my son so they could have some quiet time during the day.

The parents don't have to stay during this time, but there's a $6/hr charge if you decide to leave. Some friends left their 19-month old there at this time one day, and I entertained their older son and my son so they could have some quiet time during the day.

I believe this is one area that is not consistant from ship to ship...so I will recommend that parents check on their ship when they board. (kinda like the services for under 2 years of age on Port days)

I don't want someone expecting a service that their ship may not offer.

Thanks....

Generally Carnival goes with 2yo period BUT you never know... is the child potty trained? Our oldest was at around 16 months... youngest a whole nother story. If potty trained it's possible. As has been stated it's 2. How many days are we talking here? Will he be 2 on the cruise?

I realize you have other kids - fall break - so I would suggest seeing what happens, talking with the crew, see who wants to babysit. Some members of the crew are willing to babysit on their off time and the purser's office will either put your name on a call list or refer you to someone.

Archived