Back from the Cloud

seagirl2002

Good morning Tlcohio - yes it will be our first cruise up the Norwegian coast, but we have been to some of the fjords before. We particularly want to visit the Lefoten Islands and North cape which should be an experience,provided we are blessed with half decent weather ( always a big gamble in Norway !!! ). Our friends from Boca Raton have done this Cruise many years ago on QE2 and say its spectacular - they did not have good weather last time so are hoping for better luck - anyway it will be great to back on 'Cloud' again. Look forward to meeting you.

Good morning Tlcohio - yes it will be our first cruise up the Norwegian coast, but we have been to some of the fjords before. We particularly want to visit the Lefoten Islands and North cape which should be an experience,provided we are blessed with half decent weather ( always a big gamble in Norway !!! ). Our friends from Boca Raton have done this Cruise many years ago on QE2 and say its spectacular - they did not have good weather last time so are hoping for better luck - anyway it will be great to back on 'Cloud' again. Look forward to meeting you.

THANKS! Glad to hear you'll be on board and that you have traveled on the Silver Cloud prior. YES, the Lefoten Island seem of great interest, plus the various other towns north of the Arctic Circle. We get to do two different days on that famed Island on this cruise. This includes Leknes and the switch of the more interesting Svolvaer in place of Gravdal. Seems like an improvement, but I don't understand shortening the time that we would have there that much. We got to see Oslo and the other great capitals of the Baltics last summer. Enjoyed it so much!

Would like to connect with you and ask some other Silversea questions, etc. If that's possible, e-mail me at TLCohio@aol.com. Appreciate the help. Terry in Ohio

Seagirl how are the bathrooms on the Cloud? We just left the Shadow in a Veranda suite and were thrilled with the bathroom. There is a Med cruise next year that we may want to book and it is on the Cloud. The few diagrams I found show the bathroom rather small. Can you elaborate?

Thanks.

Tahiti11, the Cloud bathrooms have a single sink (lavatory) and shower over tub, but are still quite nice. I prefer the separate shower on the Whisper/Shadow, but the difference is not all that significant. I think you'll still love the Cloud. It's a magnificent Med ship.

Archived